The heritage house has great bones. It is set back from the road offering guests privacy and quiet from the street noise. Our room on the second floor was comfortable, the breakfast was hearty and the host amiable. The concern I have is with the overall condition of the home which is tired and in desperate need of some TLC. In our bathroom the fan cover was missing and you looked up into a fan blade caked with gunk and debris. The grout in the tub is blackened and the window sills are all cracked and peeling. The pillows were not feather but a stiff foam variety. The carpet in our bedroom, the Strawberry Suite, was so dirty and stained I didn't take my shoes off. When we arrived the house was open but no one there. We were alone in the house wandering around until someone finally showed up. It was most unusual. Only later did we see a sign taped to the side door providing a number to call for check in. It is not a luxury B&B, but it could be with a fairy godmother overseeing the repairs and maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kelty Estate is listed in the National History Register. Built in 1872, we are in the heart of Oregon wine country, 48 miles from Portland, 60 miles from beautiful Oregon beaches or zero miles from your most relaxing holiday. There are 21 wineries within five miles. Easy access to Evergreen Air and Space Museum, Willamette Valley Medical Center, Delphia School, Linfield College. Just minutes from McMinnville, Dundee, Dayton, Newbergm Salem and Carlton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Kelty Estate Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelty Estate Hotel Lafayette
- Kelty Estate b&b
- Kelty Estate Bed And Breakfast Oregon/Lafayette