We stayed here two nights and had different rooms each night- the Summer room and the Trillium Room. Both were nicely decorated and had comfortable beds, and they had a very cozy feel to them. The only reason we changed rooms was because someone was already in the room on the bottom floor (Summer room) the first night.
I've stayed in bed and breakfasts before and usually the owner is present most of the time. That's not true here, but it really didn't bother me. Nikki (Nicci? the owner/cook) and Mike (the housekeeping guy) were very helpful answering questions and volunteering information before they left. Just make sure you know how to use the keys to the house and rooms, how to turn on heat or airconditioners,when breakfast will be served, etc BEFORE they leave. I kind of liked having the place to ourselves: more peaceful. If you need a jovial host/hostess to entertain you, book somewhere else.
Our breakfast was delicious- French toast with warm berry compote and bacon, fresh cantelope, muffin, orange juice and coffee. I have no complaints about the food, that's for sure.
We had a very slight complaint- seems a cat had gotten into one of the bedrooms and slept on the bed. They didn't just vacuum the fur balls- they changed the linens, bedspread, everything. So I felt they dealt with the issue beautifully and in a timely fashion. Others who complained about lighting should have notified Nikki. She left a phone number for us should we have any questions or problems.
I felt the house was charming and situated in a beautiful area. The food and service was good. There was an antique mall in an old school directly across the street so if you don't want to drink wine (seems like most people do), there are other activities to keep you occupied in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kelty Estate is listed in the National History Register. Built in 1872, we are in the heart of Oregon wine country, 48 miles from Portland, 60 miles from beautiful Oregon beaches or zero miles from your most relaxing holiday. There are 21 wineries within five miles. Easy access to Evergreen Air and Space Museum, Willamette Valley Medical Center, Delphia School, Linfield College. Just minutes from McMinnville, Dundee, Dayton, Newbergm Salem and Carlton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Kelty Estate Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelty Estate b&b
- Kelty Estate Hotel Lafayette
- Kelty Estate Bed And Breakfast Oregon/Lafayette