“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The food is great the portions are large and the price is reasonable. The harvest depot has been a landmark in La Pine for years, Joel and his wife have made it a great dining experience.

• Visited May 2014

La Pine, Oregon
“RUDE & UNFRIENDLY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Going through La Pine, looking at a home to buy, stopped in for a bite to eat. The waitress was rude from the time we sat down. But we decided to overlook her attitude and try out the food. The waitress was trying to rush us, and the place only had 2 other patrons. Ordered a burger & fries & the Cod. Our food arrived I asked for Blue Cheese that I had ordered before hand, when the waitress brought it I asked for more napkins because the Fish was dripping with grease, she brought me cocktail napkin, I asked if I could get regular napkin, I tried to show her how greasy the fish was, then I said I just can not eat this, and I would like to order something different. She asked should I take your plate I said yes. Then either the cook or the owner came out and said to me maybe I should not order anything fried, if I do not want the oil, very rude he said what do you want, I said it is my first time here, I need to look at a menu.I never was given a menu to look at. The guy kept telling that the fish will have oil when deep fried that I should not have squeezed it, the guy said he sold 50 pounds of fish last night and did not have one complaint. At this point I was getting upset, my partner was getting embarrassed, my partner said just bring out bill, the guy said I will get the bill, get out & Do not come back. I have been in food service most of my life, and I always took the position that no matter what the customer was always right, this guy just kept telling me it was my problem. We will not be back and I will post my experience every where that I can.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Biscottibabe
La Pine, Oregon
“Good place for casual breakfast/lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This restaurant is a good local place to go for casual breakfast/lunch...don't think it's open for dinner. Decent food, also they donate a lot of their food when there is an "event" in our town.

• Visited June 2013
Palm Springs, California
“OH BOY! GREAT HOME COOKING.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a great family restaurant, something for everyone and it's all very good. Maybe the reason for this is because it's a family run operation, Joel & Stacey Brader and his family make you feel right at home.
Everything served at the Harvest Depot come in generous portions, you'll probably need a to go box, and the quality is high. Doesn't matter if it's breakfast-lunch or dinner you won't be disappointed.
I strongly recommend the corned beef, unbelievable, homemade with some of the best flavor and tenderness. For breakfast the corned beef hash or lunch do the reuben sandwich you will not be disappointed, people come from all over the area for these two specials.
If your in the La Pine area, and hungry, don't pass up this great little restaurant.

• Visited April 2013