“Best Burger Ever!”
Review of Sugar Pine - CLOSED

Sugar Pine
Cuisines: American
Description: Since 1958, Sugar Pine is the oldest restaurant in continuous operation in La Pine. Newly remodeled as of 6-17-15 and with new menu. Our fresh remodel, new menu, and new staff are here to bring you the best small town experience with a scratch made menu and quality that you would expect from a much more expensive restaurant. Everything is made from scratch featuring grass fed Oregon beef, steaks, chicken, homemade biscuits and sauces, hand pressed burger patties, homemade soups and salads, applewood smoked bacon, waffles, and so much more. Our secret ingredient is love and we have the most complete kids menu in town. Serving breakfast & lunch all day! Recommended on Trip Advisor, Yelp and Facebook!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you're a burger fan this is the place. I had a green chili burger and it was done to perfection. Even though they were getting pretty busy we had great service too. I would go out of my way to go back to this place.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Noticed that this restaurant had new owners so decided to give it a try for breakfast since new owners would be wanting to be successful. They nailed it with the tasty food but the service, while adequate, seemed to be accompanied by an attitude. The vegetarian quiche was terrific and the omelet my husband had was equally as good. The server started to snatch my food away when I looked at my phone for a moment, not even asking if I was done with it. When paying, she was fine with the people ahead of us but practically threw the change at my husband. Have no idea if we did something to irritate her or perhaps it was the idea that we were not locals. The food would bring us back but the attitude of that particular waitress would keep us away.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a cheddar cheese gal when it comes to cheese burgers. They use processed cheese. The chili and salads were excellent. Milk shakes are old fashion style and worth it. Reasonable prices and worth a stop.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Service is great, staff friendly and prices are reasonable. Something on the menu for everyone. The portions are big. Some of you may remember the owner, Paula, also ran the Moonshine Café in Crescent Lake. We loved her food and now have to drive to La Pine

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is not a place you would make your destination but if you're on hwy 97 south of Bend, OR, and are hungry for standard fare breakfast or lunch, you could find the woman who waited tables there and be most fortunate. I regret that I did not get her name but she had an unexpected table of 8 in the back the morning I was there along with the normal level of business and managed to serve everyone in double time to keep service expedited as is expected in cafes catering to travelers.

Additionally, she accommodated my request of a small carafe of hot water for the loose tea that I carry and refilled it several times without my prompting.

I enjoyed the veggie omelet and my buddy had a meat dish which both satisfied us.

Service like this deserves a substantial tip.