“A great place to camp”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great place to camp”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

La Pine State Park is a great place to rest and unwind. It is about 5 miles off highway 97, south of Bend and is the last state park on 97 heading South. Campsites have plenty of room and full hookups.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank aklebid

beaverton, oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Clean and user-friendly!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

LaPine State Park is a terrific campground. My wife and I have gone there every summer for the past 10 summers. The campground hosts and State Park employees are very friendly and provide lots of helpful information, such as driving times to various lakes and hiking areas. The campground and shower/bathroom facilities are always clean and I've never seen them without hot water (they're free too!). There are three campground loops. We always camp in the middle loop because we have a travel trailer and like full hook-ups. There is plenty of room between sites. We ride our bicycles a lot at the park; it's very safe for children. We stay away from the south loop because, when we ride our bikes around that loop, it seems to attract loud campers and sloppy campsites. Our suggestion: stay in the north or middle loops and avoid the south loop. There is a little "store" in the middle loop, where they have a nice selection of necessities, such as mosquito repellant (which is definitely necessary!).
We do a lot of canoeing, and the lakes along Century Drive are perfect for a relaxing dip. And, don't miss the High Desert Museum; it is awesome.
All-in-all, LaPine State Park is the perfect place to locate for beautiful Central Oregon fun and adventure.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank threeg
Bend, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Nice for Winter”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

On Friday afternoon, I told my husband I wanted to go camping, the weather is too good to pass up! He had a commitment for Saturday, but suggested I go for it. So, I took the travel trailer and our 3 Standard Poodles to La Pine State Park.

I parked AWAY from the cabins, in one of the back-in spots that was cleared of snow. Yes, lots of snow. The next thing I know, I had a neighbor. Then another and another!!!!!!! What the heck? Out of all the spots in the campground that were opened, I went for the furthest away from people. The other 3 campers that came in took pull through spots across from me. No worries. I was there to read and walk the dogs. There are trails everywhere. No time to get bored there!

When I walked up to pay for my site, the camp hostess came out to great me. She was wonderfully friendly. She also let me know there was no water available. I had a partial tank of water, no worries and they have showers that are free for campers. Nice, nice lady.

My husband drove down after finishing his Saturday commitment and used the showers. He said everything was clean and the showers were just fine.

The only complaint I had, and has NO reflection on the camp hosts or the campground, is the previous campers...in fact several...did not pick up their dog waste. EW. In all fairness, the snow was melting and perhaps it had been "done" in deep snow and just hit ground...just saying...

Fun weekend. Will go back!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sued1955
Portland, Oregon
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Pretty good campsites”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The La Pine campgrounds are conveniently located off of 97. The camp loops themselves are a few miles away from the highway so it feels isolated enough to make you feel like you're camping in the forest. Very spacious campsites, clean bathrooms, individual showers with hot water make this a very nice little campsite. Additionally, wood is offered until 8pm every night for only $5 so make sure you bring cash since they have a little box for your to put the money in. Also, right inside the campground there are nice places to hike around and I saw several people floating down the Deschutes (yikes! a little too cold for me!).

Visited September 2012
6 Thank vyakal
Camas, Washington
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Awesome camping near Bend”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great campground for families. We tent camped 5 nights here and had the best time. We were in the north loop, the other two loops are for RVs with full hookups. North loop has electric hookup, which came in very handy for charging phones and cameras, as well as making coffee and hot chocolate in the morning. Each campsite also has a faucet, so we didn't have to jug water around so that was great. The campground is very quiet as there is plenty of partition between sites. This offers quite a lot of privacy. We were close from the bath and shower rooms, but didn't feel bothered by that most of the time. Just the first morning I heard the bathroom door slam quite a few times around 6. Bathrooms are clean, although the boys said theirs smelled at times. shower rooms very well designed with separate wet and dry areas. No charge for warm showers, definitely a plus. I had to wait a couple minutes for a shower room only once, so not too busy which surprised me. Camp host was nice, gave some suggestions on where to go etc., and brought firewood to our site as our car was full on the way in.

The only complaint I have would be the mosquitoes at the campsite. Still haven't figured out why there are so many, but they are all over us and very annoying. Sprays, candles, smoke, we tried everything, they just keep coming back. I think they are especially attracted by my lotion and shampoo, because I get attacked heavily after shower!

All in all a great campground, lots to do around the area, very relaxing vacation. Will be back.

Visited August 2012