“Awesome tamales!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Bend, Oregon
“Awesome tamales!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The best homemade tamale I have had in Oregon. My tamale arrived in the corn husk, tied at each end and I new I was in for a real treat. Along side the tamale was a little cup filled with sauce & I was told it was to pour over my tamale so it would not be dry. I could have eaten the tamale without the sauce it was so moist but the sauce was an added bonus, the beef was fork tender and very tasty . I also had a beef enchilada that was made with a fresh handmade corn tortilla, you can't get any fresher than that. Now the corn tortilla was on the thick side but I loved it. Their rice & beans are equally as good. We were greeted with a smile & 3 types of salsa & chips. They were red, green & gringo sauce, the red one was hot, the green had lots of flavor so we mixed all 3 and it was awesome. The only thing I wish they would make is the chips. Everything taste like you were eating at a small sidewalk cafe in Mexico. My husband had the burrito supreme and loved it. We also took home some of their handmade tortillas. We will be back to La Pine for more homemade mexican food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank D c

La Pine, Oregon, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent spot just off Hwy 97 in La Pine, Or. Staff very friendly and helpfull on menu items. Prices were good. Good variety on menu and large portions. A nice small bar off dinning room. We will come back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ken L
Vancouver, Washington
“Loved food, and service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We saw reviews posted on trip advisor, and discovered this family owned restaurant...visited twice this past week. It was busy on Mond and Thursday nites.....lots of locals enjoying the food and the great service. I will definately be back, bring family and friends when in the area! Loved the fajitas....the salsa and chips....the homemade tortillas! And the margaritas were good too!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank connie B
Smithland, Kentucky
“Surprisingly good Mexican in Central Oregon”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Found a gem of a restaurant in a very small, central Oregon town. The food was amazing, prices were average, and portions were HUGE. I had the chicken fajitas and they were very tasty. The chicken was seasoned heavily, not just plain chicken sauteed with onions and peppers. It was seasoned with a wonderful Mexican seasoning that is very difficult to describe but OH so tasty.

My boys both had the taco plate, 3 tacos and they were very large. Filled even my hungry 12 year old, as well as my 19 year old. They even had 2 left and were stuffed! The tortillas were flour, and fried. Extremely authentic Mexican in a surprise location.

WE loved Cinco de Mayo and appreciated the super fast, friendly service we received.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kgardner120
Riverside, California
“Aweful”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stopped in for some authenic Mexican food. We're from SoCal and we know authenic. The food was bland and the dishes were not authenic. The refried beans had no flavor and the entrees were equally tasteless. The service was slow and the server seemed to have no personality what-so-ever. You're better off at the local Taco Bell in La Pine.

• Visited June 2012