“Very Good spot in a small town”

Best Western Newberry Station
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in La Pine
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I spent the night here on our way south. This place is clean, has a great pool, decent breakfast, and very nice people working there. Would recommend without reserve.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Newberry Station

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We wanted a place close to Crater Lake Nat'l Park while traveling on a 2-week vacation in the Pacific NW. This Best Western was all that seemed available. We were not disappointed with the room, staff, breakfast or peaceful surroundings. It was on the high end of our budget but for the location and the quality of what we received, well worth it.

Room Tip: No elevator. Take that into consideration stairs are a problem or you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at this Best Western for one night while visiting Crater Lake which is an hour to the South. The hotel and rooms were very clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk clerk helped me locate a nearby restaurant that was still open at the late hour I arrived. I rested well, and had breakfast in the morning which was fairly typical of continental breakfasts. I bit more expensive than the average Best Western, but a little bit better quality as well. I recommend for other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was our third stay here and have enjoyed it very much. The indoor pool although small is nice and the spa is a plus after a seven hour drive. We enjoy the friendly service also. The extended continental breakfast is tasty with waffles you make fresh on their waffle maker. The biscuits and grave are delicious also. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. There are some really good restaurants nearby and an excellent chinese restaurant located right behind the hotel within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jasonwg71
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I usually stay at Best Western hotels during motorcycle rides, mainly out of habit. They are affordable and depending on the location, are clean and quiet. I rode into La Pine and checked into this hotel after a long day in the saddle. The front desk person was pleasant and welcoming, a big point in my book since having a sour puss after a long ride is not enjoyable. The room was std BW, but it was clean and neutral-smelling. Breakfast the next morning was the standard stuff, I had a couple of Yoplait yogurts and some coffee.

Recognizing that motorcycle touring people get paranoid about their bikes, the front desk person suggested that I park my bike in front of the main entrance under a large overhang next to two other bikes. Very nice!

Overall a pleasant experience for one night.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a pretty new, well-appointed and well-managed property just far enough from Bend to provide local access to the Newberry Caldera area. Comfy beds, bicycles, good wi-fi, and nicely landscaped. Beautiful lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast area should be equipped with a mix of small rectangular tables and larger square ones instead of only square tables. The waffle-iron should be relocated to a position where guests waiting in line for access to it are not blocking other guests from reaching the other breakfast items. Breakfast selection, however, was excellent.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, ask for a ground floor room if you find it difficult carrying luggage up...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavidLou
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband & his crew were working nearby and was scheduled to stay there for 7 days, however, after the way we were all treated we moved to another location early. We called a couple of weeks early to inquire about pet fees and was told that pets were allowed and there would be a $15 fee. I asked if that was a daily fee or one-time fee and was told it was a one-time fee. I told them I would like to reserve a room & was told they were too busy and asked me to book online which I didn't mind, however when I tried to change our check-in date a few days later, I couldn't figure out how to change it online so I called the hotel directly and told them we would be checking in a day later and gave her my confirm. # and was told she would take care of it. when we checked in we were told we were a day late and our room was held they even said they tried calling my husbands cell phone (we had no missed calls and no messages). She told me I was insulting her and her staff because they would never make those mistakes and no one would ask me to book online! She told me she was charging us for the 1st night, which surprised me since I personally called them, in addition, they charged us $15 per night for the dog! My husbands crew asked for a microwave for their room, since doom rooms do have them, and he was told they would not give him one and if he didn't like it, he could find another hotel...we were very disappointed since we travel sooooo much with work. After filing a formal complaint with BestWestern, we were refunded the 1st night. NOT A FRIENDLY HOTEL!

Room Tip: clean, but only Suites have microwaves. Pool way too warm.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Sunriver Resort
#1 of 4 in Sunriver
DiamondStone Guest Lodges
Bend-Sunriver RV Campground

Been to Best Western Newberry Station? Share your experiences!