“"One of the truely great places to stay!"”
Review of La Grande Inn

La Grande Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Spokane, Washington
“"One of the truely great places to stay!"”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

" As of October 2012, under the management of Janie Carman, an absolutly wonderful person, the La Grande Inn in La Grande, OR must have had a 100% upgrade when I compare my expereince to the other reviewers. My room was very clean, the sink and shower worked great, the coffee pot made some fine coffee, the "easy" chair was very comfortable, the staff personel were really profession and curtious, the room was very quiet and I enjoyed a really good, quality nights sleep. And I really appreciated the convenience of being able to walk across the parking lot to have some fine meals at the Denney's Restaurant!!!
I will always stay at the La Grande Inn on my trips from Reno to Spokane, WA, well, as long as Janie Carman is incharge of the place!
G.W.G. - D.A.V.

Room Tip: "Just let Janie Carman take care of all that for you"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary G
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I appreciate your positive comment about myself and the staff. I look forward to your return to our hotel. Once again thank you, for the great feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel was 59 bucks a night. It was obviously dated. Rooms were kind of mismatched, pretty noisy as far as voices from next room and water running. Breakfast was 2 cereals, some mini muffins, hard boiled eggs, and coffee and juice.

I'd stay here again but only if it was just me or a guys trip and only because I was passing through.

Room Tip: 100 odd numbers face the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
We accommodate many guest each evening, and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This Hotel was awful. Our bathroom in our room was filthy and had to be cleaned.No clear tv reception. 100.00 incidentals charge collected upon arrival for what I have no idea.. They have a 500.00 smoking fine if you are caught closer than 10 feet to the hotel smoking. However if your a regular your allowed to smoke on your back deck to pollute all of around you. Beds were horrid overall hotel dirty. Pool had bugs and debris in it. Coffee weak breakfast was a joke. Rubber boiled eggs were only healthy option, The only highlight to our stay was the new hire front desk girl still in training. Thank you for being so friendly. The rest of the staff were rude as could be especially the Morning Gal that checked us out she was the rudest. Lol they checked my room to make sure we didn't damage or smoke in their crappy hotel..Save yourself the headache stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
I'm concerned about the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to it's guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilites.I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken serioulsy. I am sorry to hear that there was another guest smoking on there patio, we do not allow any of our guest to smoke in a non smoking room. Oregon law prohibits any smoking within 10 feet of the building and entrances, and vents this is the policy we are referring to on the registration card. If we had known that there was a guest smoking we would of gladly handled that situation.
Im sorry to hear that there where bugs and debris in the pool, we try our hardest to keep it clean for each guest, it is challenging when it is a outdoor pool.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.
Hemet, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Everything was dank and dirty. There was a lot of bird poop in and around the pool. The smell of tobacco was everywhere, even in my non-smoking room, possibly from the blankets. There was another sour smell in our room. There was rusty water on the floor near the toilet. If was to return to LaGrande, I would avoid this place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bradyrama
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I wan't to apologize for the inconvience you experinced while staying with us. We try our best to keep the bird droppings out of the pool. It does become a challege when it is an outdoor pool. We strive to make each guest experience a positive one, and I am sorry your's was less than satisfactory.
Oregon
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stay her a couple days a week in the summertime, and have for the last several years. The manager is super sweet. She always makes sure I have what I need, and makes sure I am taken care of. It also helps that she's pretty darn cute. The property is older, and not much to look at, but I understand why they don't want to put a bunch of money into the place right now, with America's socialist enemies occupying her halls of government. If you want to spend twice as much money to stay somewhere more modern, but dirtier, then go down the street. If you want a great value, cleanliness, and the friendliest staff around, then stay here. Thanks manager lady you are a sweetheart.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve D
, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and writting a review about our hotel and staff. I greatly appreciate your business every year and I look forward to your continued business with us. It always makes myself and my staff feel good to hear a guest compliment us on the job that we do.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

First of all, you get what you pay for. I've stayed here approx. once a year over the last four years. I just returned giving it "one more chance" as it is in the perfect location that I need for my visits. It looks like they have tried to put some money in the place and upgraded the carpet and paint. The last time I was there the window locks were not working and the air conditioner was not working. This time both worked. The bathrooms had one ant and one dead spider which I can even deal with. The walls don't seem as thin as several cheaper hotels that I've stayed at. Rooms have a musty smell from being old. I just don't feel the bathroom is as clean as it should be. It looks to me the floor has been mopped over the course of several times without scrubbing under the sink. Therefore, there was a dirt ring under the sink where dirt had been "pushed" and dried. There was some mold in the grout of the restroom tile. The plumbing has not been updated since the early 80's. Old faucets/fixtures. Shower heads are low for a person over 5'8" and needs cleaned. The breakfast was O.K. (juice, coffee, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and two kinds of muffins) but when they ran out of eggs early on a Sunday, we were told that if they opened up the last package, they would not have any for the guests tomorrow. Smoking rooms are located directly next to non smoking rooms so if you are a true non smoker you will want to be picky where you are located.
I believe the Management needs some work in customer service. It seems both in our encounters during our stay and what I have read on reviews here online, it is the customers fault for any issue encountered and the Management responses are "canned". We were told both of our cards quit working on the second day after noon because we had demagnatized both. (not possibly because they had accidently coded them for one day?) No real apology for inconvience or owning up to a possibe mistake, just our fault. Do to a couple of other issues we had with "strange" neighbors, I don't believe we will stay here again as other hotels in the area seem competetively priced. Like I said, you get what you pay for so if you want a quick/cheap place to stay and are not concerned with customer service or additional ammeneties, this may be your place. It is not ours anymore.

Room Tip: I don't think there is an elevator so you may have to carry your bags up stair. Beware of non s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelBug1901
, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent ecperience is genuinely appreciated.
post
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Uck!! was not happy with room, very outdated, and dirty.and they charged a100 deposit in case of damages. was told they would not charge it to credit card and then they did. and won't release it for 10 days. very disappointed will not stay there again

Room Tip: don't stay there!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken serioulsly. They tell us what we are doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Sorry to hear that you did not see the sign at the front desk or read the statement on your registration card when you checked in about our credit card policy and or cash paying guest. We pre-authorize every guest credit card at check in. Once you check out we release it back to your bank, due to banking regulations, the original preauthorized amount will still be held for 7 to 10 business days.