“Poor service, no room maintenance, breakfast? yuck..”

Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Upon my check in I asked the desk clerk if i could park my very valuable display truck in the rear parking lot? A woman stated from the other side of the front counter "NO your truck will take too many parking spaces!, you'll have to park on the street". When I walked out in the morning there were cars pulling trailers & other rental trucks taking way more spaces then my truck would have.
The toilet didn't flush without lifting the lid and manually pulling up on the flapper, the sink drained very slowly, the shower head was terrible...
The breakfast was "hocky puck" eggs and burnt sausage. The coffee was like watered down tea.
There was no one attending the front counter in the morning so I left a note on the counter with my room maintenance requests as I went into the breakfast room. When I left there was still no one attending the counter but my note had been taken.
Expecting these issues to be handled when I returned at the end of the day very tired, I found they had done "Nothing".....
The room has those ac/heat wall units that never work worth a darn and this place was no different. Either too cold or too hot.
There aren't many choices in La Grande, OR but next time I'll stay an hour away and drive in in the morning.
One of the worst..How they got their rating as a Best Western "Plus" is beyond me? I have always had good luck with BW Plus properties but BW really needs to drop that rating for this dump.
BTW, No elevator either?? Really?
Never again...

Room Tip: Their are no good rooms...it's an old "Motel" fixed up and disguised as a "Hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank kernvilledaddy
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I do apologize for the problems in your room. I had taken the note and put the information in the maintenance book and on his desk. He is usually pretty good at getting to those kind of things right away.
The issue with parking the truck is because of the weight. When the trucks park back there they brake up the pavement because the weight makes the parking lot crack and break up. We appreciate the fact that you asked first. I am assuming the others did not, otherwise they would have been told the same thing.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

A newly remodeled lobby... but you don't stay in the lobby! Comfortable beds, not the typical rock hard hotel mattress with plenty of small pillows. Typical hotel morning breakfast, self serve limited buffet(comfort food). A nice indoor pool and a hot tub comprised of two bench seats facing each other, close to I84.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for you input. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are still undergoing more improvements as time goes by. We do have a few in the works right now. We hope that you come by on your next trip through and visit us again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

It almost seemed as though the hotel had just decided to become a PLUS but hadn't gotten around to finishing the upgrades. I have come to depend on the Best Western Plus hotels, but this one is barely more than what the old Best Western has become and I won't stay in them unless there is no other choice. The level of cleanliness, repair, service were all a bit below expectation so for the price I was quite disappointed. The beds were new, but soft for my taste. The room was a bit on the small side and you could barely get in the bathroom. Not a BAD place, but not what I expect of a PLUS hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elizabethc702
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are still in the process of finishing our upgrade. It is a slow process but I think you will find that when we are finished, you will enjoy your stay. Please give us another try in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed several times at this best western property. It is the nicest motel in La Grande Oregon in my opinion. I have stayed at others so I can state that with assurance. The rooms are clean and have been updated to where they are very nice for a night or 2 while on the road. Their breakfast is pretty standard nothing too great but adequate. During the winter they always have had the pass report and ski conditions posted which is very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to know that you think highly of us. The good news is, we are still evolving. We are working on a new Fitness Center right now and will have an elevator too, in the future. You will have to stop by and see it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Average hotel. Average cleanliness. Staff adequate. Location next to highway. Food available in general area. Cold country in the winter. Mountains all around. Not a recreational destination. Would recommend to anyone traveling though the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob B
krystie y, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I did notice that you said there wasn't alot of recreational things to do in the area and it's a "Cold Country Winter" . Well, coming to Eastern Oregon in the Winter, you will find that it is, Cold Country Winter, but there are quite a few things to do in our area, there's MERA, Anthony Lakes Ski Resort, the Elk Feeding Station are just a few things to do, depending on what your likes are. Just driving up into the Beautiful Mountains is a sight that you won't forget during the winter. I hope that you will come back, maybe in the Summer months when there is more to do.

Have a great day!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We rented a room to see a college basketball game. We got the suite for the extra space...it was well worth the extra few dollars! We were really close to the pool and breakfast, so that was nice. I think we would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting your nice comments on Trip Advisor. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the futer. I'm glad that the suite worked well for you and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Have a great day!

A TripAdvisor Member
Germantown, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had the King Suite room. Very spacious, very clean. Easy to find right off highway. Close to stores and college. Pool looked small, but clean. Suite hot tub however is loud and room echoes with its use. bathroom is also small yet adequate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for posting your opinion. We are glad you enjoyed your room. We have recently upgraded our lobby and breakfast room and will continue changing with the times. Our guests opinions tell us where we need to focus to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Again, thank you for your response and we hope you will drop by again when you are in our area.

Debbie Greer