“Poor Customer Service from management”

Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Management will hurt this property. I am in the process of writing to the Chamber, BBB, and Attorney General's office. I will not stop until management feels some heat. Hopefully, someone worthy and unemployeed with family will take her job! I had an issue with a room that was attached to a reservation number. The error came for the agent in Pheonix. La Granda management knew this and went ahead with a cancelled reservation and illegally charged my credit card. They claimed I did not cancel in time not knowing that their coorperate customer service ratted them out on the error. They charged my credit card and coorperate is refunding hte amount, but management could care less and was sarcastice about hte situation. Eastern Oregon parents of athletes...boycott this place. Trashy business practice!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
krystie y, Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We are sorry that the error started when you booked your reservation with Best Western International. I suggest that when you book a room and want to cancel it, you cancel it with the agent that you booked it with. Again, thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room was OK, but bathroom very tight (perhaps the door should open out). Interior looked tired as did the room. Asked the front desk for a late check out as we had a noon meeting (in the hotel). The response was no, big group coming in. No eye contact. Robotic response. Over priced. Should look at the Best Western in Pendleton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side. It faces a large grassy area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
krystie y, Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments. I will talk with the staff memebers about late check outs. When possible, we do try to honor such requests, it might have been at a time when we couldn't honor your request, but the desk clerk could have at least made eye contact with you. I will let the owner know about your comment about the door opening to the outside. Again, Thank you for posting your comments, it lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The customer service here is unbelievably crappy. Even the "manager" is blunt & brash on the phone. Check in & check out is so remarkably slow.

Rooms were ok cleanliness-wise but I felt for the price it should be immaculate!! I had to ask twice for new washclothes during the 3-night stay & it was just myself staying there so not like I had a whole family using a bunch of linens.

If there is a busy event weekend they charge higher prices.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for posting your comments. I'm sorry that you felt the check in and check out process were slow, I'm not sure if there were many other guests in front of you or not. Our desk staff does multi tasking by helping out doing laundry, so I'm not sure if they were in the laundry room and you had to ring the bell, but I apologize either way that you felt they were slow. And also that you felt there weren't enough wash cloths in your room. Again, Thank you for posting your comments. It tells us what we're doing right and where we need to improve.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After reading some of these recent reviews, it's hard to believe we stayed at the same hotel. Everything we saw was modern and up to date. Carpet on stairs and hallways could use a vacuum, but not a big deal. We called about an hour away got the res. through central res. for all they had left two queen beds. When we got there, we were upgraded to king suite because last of two queens gone. That room was marvelous. All real clean, marble countertops, great bed and pillows. Carpet probaly due for replacement soon, but servicable and clean. Flat screen TV. Despite the fact that the place was completely booked on a Sat. night check in at 5 p.m. And check out at 8 a.m. Was a breeze. Breakfast just OK. Could use bananas and bagels, but still plenty from which to choose. Price seemed a bit on the high side, but last minute booking our fault. Will definitely stay again after 8 plus hours on the road from Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Two story building with no elevator, so keep in mind if you are stair adverse. Our room faced inters...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1947res
krystie y, Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for posting your kind words on Trip Advisor. It tells us what we're doing right, and where we need to improve. I'm sorry we didn't have your room with 2 queen beds, but it sounds like you got a King JQZ Suite instead. If you are ever traveling in our area again, I hope you will stay with us. Again, thank you for your kind words

Reviewed August 10, 2012

After being on the road for several hours and still only making a slight dent into our serious road trip, we found La Grande. The Best Western wasn't our first choice but, alas, we stayed there. Aside from the fact that there is no elevator to bring you and your bags to the second floor and the service we received (housekeeping shutting down breakfast early, attempting to clean our room seriously early and the 15 minute wait to check out) as well as the tight fitting bathroom with the non-draining tub the major plus were the amazing beds. Wouldn't want to stay here again but not my worst experience ever.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank rcolley26

Thank you for posting your review. It tells us what we're doing right and where we need to improve. I'm sorry you had to wait to check out. Again, thank you for posting your comments

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

When I made the reservation I was informed this was a best western plus. This it is not. The front desk staff was nice enough, that is not the issue. The hotel is in bad shape and in need of renovating if it is to qualify as a plus. The carpets were dirty, the beds broken down, the spa jets did not work, only two of the 5 lamps did not work and only two outlets worked. At least the sheets were clean. This is probably the worst best western I have stayed in, much less a plus!

• Stayed: July 2012
krystie y, Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I hope that you called the desk clerk and asked for help concerning your outlets, as some of them work off of the light switches. Again, thank you for letting us know what we did wrong so we know what we need to fix.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We liked this place well enough to be return customers and once again had a very pleasant stay. The rooms are reasonably updated, beds comfy, linens crisp and clean, staff friendly and professional and the price is competitive for such amenities. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I see this is at least your second time visiting our property. If you have any suggestions on what we might be able to do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know as every guest views things differently. Again, Thank you for the positive feedback. Have a wonderful day !!