“Catch & Release”

Rough and Ready, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Catch & Release”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stopped in at "Benchy's" with Friends from La Grande. I liked the People and Staff that i talked to. The Jameson's and iced Tea were Excellent. However the Fish & Chips reminded Me of something from a Grade School Cafeteria. Maybe They could have found some shaped like Fish. I would have no problem trying the Pub again but the Fish & Chips is definitely Catch and Release. I give three because the Staff and Locals I met more than made up for it. The Whiskey didn't hurt either.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Silver_Coho

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Great Little Place”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The food was really good for the price. Huge plate at breakfast for $6 that we could not finish. Went twice during our stay at the Hot Lake Springs Hotel. Once at breakfast and one time in the evening. It was one of the only places open late at night. Even though the kitchen was formally closed, "Jozie" was more than happy to make us something to eat. We sat and talked and had some drinks at the bar in the back of the pub. Was surprised to see slot machines in the pub and people actually winning. Jozie was very friendly and answered all of our annoying questions. Small place where the locals are well-known. Hang out for after football games. Friendly and helpful staff. Good home cooked food.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank sue s
La Grande, Oregon
“Old timer's tavern”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I do like this place. We like to play the wireless trivia while we eat. The food isn't bad and neither is the service.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank curtaincrawler
Imbler, Oregon
“As close to British Fish and Chips as you can get!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The great British food! I'm a Brit so I gravitate there when I'm in town. They even serve it with a bottle of malt vinegar. Awesome!!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank 543WendyC
Colorado
“Cheap beer. Decent Home cooked style food.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Randomly stopped here on our way through town. Good prices. Good Quality of food. Not a very selective menu ....when it comes to food types. Don't expect to find too many healthy choices lol.

• Visited August 2011