“Great Chinese food - Great Value! Tip well!”
Review of Golden Harvest Restaurant - CLOSED

Golden Harvest Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a favorite in La Grande. We have won several local dining awards-Best Asian, Best Fine Dining and Best Family Dining from the Union County Chamber of Commerce, the Top 100 Award for Specialty restaurants from Asian Restaurant News and we consistently score 100% on our health inspections. We cater to those with allergies and special dietary needs, we are MSG free and we use the best fresh ingredients in all of our dishes. We offer vegetarian and kid friendly menus as well as a wide selection of dim sum.We offer local delivery, have lots of room for large groups, we cater and always welcome families with children. We also offer a full bar for those who would like specialty drinks with their meals. Join us for our famous Friday Night Special of Prime Rib and our Saturday Night Special of BBQ Ribs.We have a daily lunch and dinner special and welcome reservations.We are a family owned business who are dedicated to our customers and have been for 24 years.Come visit us the next time you are in La Grande.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Chinese food - Great Value! Tip well!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Very good!
Menu has a long list of dishes, and you select two or three to create your own dinner.
Everything tasted fresh and homemade.
I had Chicken Chow Mein, Steamed Fresh Vegetables and Egg Foo Yung. This also came with a cup of homemade Oriental soup.
There was plenty of it, attractively served, and the price (May 2014) was a mere $8.50 (no food tax in Oregon, I guess).
Prices are great. Service is attentive and responsive.
Because of the low prices, you may calculate tipping commensurately lower. Don't do it. Give them a little extra. Oregon can be an expensive state.
The "Tip The Cook" jar at the cash register was a nice touch. I threw in a couple bucks and some change; less than I left the waitress.
Your patronage and good tips ensure that this place survives and continues to offer great Chinese food at a good price.
I would return to the Golden Harvest Restaurant again. And no, I have no vested interest in it. I was just passing through La Grande.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Shmerlop

Imbler, Oregon
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We came here for a get-together with friends and ordered a mix of different dishes for us all to share. What a wonderful selection!! Loved the orange chicken :)
Just at the start of downtown, it's well placed down a side street with on street parking, of which there is plenty of room.
The staff are very nice and helpful. A very enjoyable lunch :)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 543WendyC
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Delicious Chinese and Thai”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent Chinese and Thai food in a pleasant atmosphere in downtown La Grande. The staff couldn't be more helpful. This is not your standard small town Chinese restaurant. It is definitely a cut above.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jeft
La Grande, Oregon, United States
“Favorite in town”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Golden Harvest is a family owned restaurant I've either eaten take out or eaten in here at least 10 times. They have a very beautifully decorated restaurant with lots of Chinese culture. The tofu pad thai is the best in town. Their spring rolls are mighty delicious. They have lots of options for combination dinners. The food is prepared bright and beautiful. Students get %15 off their meal. The prices are not expensive either.

1 Thank Kelsey B
La Grande, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family and I got the dimsum and fried squid and it was soooooo good!!! The waitress was also really nice and provided excellent service. I WILL be back to eat there again. It's off the main road in La Grande, but it is WORTH finding and eating there....
By far the BEST Chinese food I've ever had!!!

• Visited November 2013