“Good for overnight travelers”

La Grande Travelodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Clean room, nothing special. Pretty Spartan breakfast. Coffee OJ, bagels, hard boiled eggs were discolored. Price was right. Wi-Fi weak and slow, we got a better signal from the smokehouse cafe a block away. Stay for the price and the bed.

• Stayed: September 2012
ulycab, Guest Relations Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We appreciate your good feedback, we will make sure that we will take care of issue you have addressed, Your businees is important to us, we would like to thank you for your honest comments. It is important to us so we improved our service. Thanks again.

Lydia TRAVELODGE
manager

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Clean room. New mattress was comfortable for me, my husband said he felt like he was sleeping in a hammock. Pillows were new but too stuffed/firm to be comfortable. A block away from Safeway and Starbucks. Will look for another place to stay if we go through La Grande again.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

dear sir,
Thanks for responding to the review we will sure check our pillows and replace it with softer one.Although we have not been satisfactory to your standard we will work hard to keep our guests happy thank you to trip advisor.
Travelodge manager

Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you guys are driving late at night and looking for a comfortable stay at a great price try the Travelodge in La Grande...The beds are really nice and comfortable..I have stayed at more expensive hotels like The Hyatt, Marriott and the Sheraton but the beds they have at the Travelodge are more comfortable I think...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear sir

Thanks for the good review and quick response , appreciate it. Its really a boost to our endeavor to get the best service to our guests.
Thanks to trip advisor fpr getting the message across to the hoteliers.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Got in late and was checked in quickly. The manager folks even told me where I coul partly my trailer & rig. I was traveling with my family and this was just a stop for the night. With that said, room was clean, beds are nice. I would exommend to management to limit people hanging outside their rooms on the bad side (alleyway) of the building. Other than that our rooms AC units breaker was tipped and it took me a few minutes to figure that out. Anyhow, it was hot..very hot because the AC was off, took about three horse to cool down the room, but we lived. Am breakfast was continental, nothing special but it did the trick. Nice folks, and I we're ever rolling though La Grand, I'd consider saying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
ulycab, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We do appreciate your business also for filling up the survey, I will however try our best in making sure AC in the rooms are in good working conditon, we do apologize for the inconvinience, also your suggestion about people hanging out outside the alley will try to adress this issue. Thank"s again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The outside of the hotel is in a state of disrepair and dirty. The rooms are clean but worn. The TV only got six channels. There is a railroad track about 100 yards away. Yes, the trains do run all night. Good sound proofing in the walls of the room, but the ceiling are not good. It sounded like a polka party above until about 10:30. The continental breakfast is not much. The cost of the room was $74, I think $45 would have been a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ulycab, General Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thanks for the review, we will call a meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to review the procedure for outside the building and rooms for cleanliness and maintenance. we appreciate calling our attention to this issue.Our cable is with direct tv with 100 channels espn , hbo and local channels.We will program the remote control to make it easier for the guests.
W e are greatly sorry for the less than satisfying stay with us. W e will work hard to addresss the issue.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First driving up I was less than impressed...hoping the reviews were as said. I got there and rang then bell for service and a man (maybe the owner) comes out in a gray tight tank top apparently telling me someone would help me in a minute...a few seconds later a lady (maybe his wife?) comes to help me. There were some "I'm sorry, what did you say?" moments due to her accent, but in a short amount of time there were given our key and told where our room was.
The stairs up to the second floor (no elevator) were short, so if you are not great with stairs I would recommend asking for the first floor. Entering our room I noticed it was small, but seemed very clean and the bedding seemed new. There was a microwave and small fridge set on the floor and a table and two chairs. They had Direct TV so we watched some television and hung out. The breakfast the next morning was bagels, bananas, apples, cereal and oatmeal packets...plenty for me!
My main complaint would be some of the other customers made me a bit unneasy as they sat outside watching me while they were smoking, and the other issues I had were small and not surprising as it is a small town older location. It worked for us for a one night stay. Oh, they did have a pack and play for us to use but didn't provide a sheet for it and I could see some stains on it, so I used an extra blanket I brought instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear sir:
Thanks for responding to the survey.We value the guests input and make necessary improvement in running the Hotel. We have a smoking area where guest can socialize if they want to in the back of the bldg. I apologize for the behavior of some of our guests.
Lastly thank you for staying with us and filling up the survey.
Travelodge manager

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Travelodge was great! The manager on duty was very nice, and quick to give me tips on local restaurants (recommend The Smokehouse next door) and sights around La Grande. The entire room was spotless. Bed was very comfortable (slept like a baby). I thought the proximity of the RR tracks would be a problem, but it wasn't. The Travelodge was great, and would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
ulycab, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear sir,
Thanks for taking time to give us a review. Its very important to us to get a feedback of how are we serving our guests. We the hotels and railroad company agreed to minimize the honking of horn when its sleeping time.
Again thanks for the review, Hope to see again in the near future.
front office mgr Travelodge