“A decent hotel for a decent price.”

La Grande Travelodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Got in late and was checked in quickly. The manager folks even told me where I coul partly my trailer & rig. I was traveling with my family and this was just a stop for the night. With that said, room was clean, beds are nice. I would exommend to management to limit people hanging outside their rooms on the bad side (alleyway) of the building. Other than that our rooms AC units breaker was tipped and it took me a few minutes to figure that out. Anyhow, it was hot..very hot because the AC was off, took about three horse to cool down the room, but we lived. Am breakfast was continental, nothing special but it did the trick. Nice folks, and I we're ever rolling though La Grand, I'd consider saying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
ulycab, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We do appreciate your business also for filling up the survey, I will however try our best in making sure AC in the rooms are in good working conditon, we do apologize for the inconvinience, also your suggestion about people hanging out outside the alley will try to adress this issue. Thank"s again.

There are newer reviews for La Grande Travelodge

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The outside of the hotel is in a state of disrepair and dirty. The rooms are clean but worn. The TV only got six channels. There is a railroad track about 100 yards away. Yes, the trains do run all night. Good sound proofing in the walls of the room, but the ceiling are not good. It sounded like a polka party above until about 10:30. The continental breakfast is not much. The cost of the room was $74, I think $45 would have been a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ulycab, General Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thanks for the review, we will call a meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to review the procedure for outside the building and rooms for cleanliness and maintenance. we appreciate calling our attention to this issue.Our cable is with direct tv with 100 channels espn , hbo and local channels.We will program the remote control to make it easier for the guests.
W e are greatly sorry for the less than satisfying stay with us. W e will work hard to addresss the issue.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First driving up I was less than impressed...hoping the reviews were as said. I got there and rang then bell for service and a man (maybe the owner) comes out in a gray tight tank top apparently telling me someone would help me in a minute...a few seconds later a lady (maybe his wife?) comes to help me. There were some "I'm sorry, what did you say?" moments due to her accent, but in a short amount of time there were given our key and told where our room was.
The stairs up to the second floor (no elevator) were short, so if you are not great with stairs I would recommend asking for the first floor. Entering our room I noticed it was small, but seemed very clean and the bedding seemed new. There was a microwave and small fridge set on the floor and a table and two chairs. They had Direct TV so we watched some television and hung out. The breakfast the next morning was bagels, bananas, apples, cereal and oatmeal packets...plenty for me!
My main complaint would be some of the other customers made me a bit unneasy as they sat outside watching me while they were smoking, and the other issues I had were small and not surprising as it is a small town older location. It worked for us for a one night stay. Oh, they did have a pack and play for us to use but didn't provide a sheet for it and I could see some stains on it, so I used an extra blanket I brought instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear sir:
Thanks for responding to the survey.We value the guests input and make necessary improvement in running the Hotel. We have a smoking area where guest can socialize if they want to in the back of the bldg. I apologize for the behavior of some of our guests.
Lastly thank you for staying with us and filling up the survey.
Travelodge manager

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Travelodge was great! The manager on duty was very nice, and quick to give me tips on local restaurants (recommend The Smokehouse next door) and sights around La Grande. The entire room was spotless. Bed was very comfortable (slept like a baby). I thought the proximity of the RR tracks would be a problem, but it wasn't. The Travelodge was great, and would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
ulycab, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear sir,
Thanks for taking time to give us a review. Its very important to us to get a feedback of how are we serving our guests. We the hotels and railroad company agreed to minimize the honking of horn when its sleeping time.
Again thanks for the review, Hope to see again in the near future.
front office mgr Travelodge

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have stayed at several Travelodges that were better than this one. Although the price was right, we found two queen beds (albeit with new Simmons mattresses) crammed into a room barely large enough for one double bed! Furthermore, this being a blisteringly hot day, the air conditioner was cranky as well. Breakfast was passable. All in all, we regretted the stay.

Room Tip: Although La Grande, OR is not large, there must be motels around better than this one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank throat
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear sir ,
Thank you for taking time to fill up the survey.
Im sorry to hear that your stay with us was less satisfying. W e are ordering new airconditiner to replace the old ones..That is true there is a lot bigger hotels in la grande but the prices much higher than what we were offering plus our continental breakfast.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

When we travel we put on a lot of miles. It's always nice to be able to get a hotel that is clean, comfortable, and has staff that are friendly.

We came in about midnight and even though it was late we were greeted with smiling faces. Since my husband had hurt his back a few days before the trip, we requested a ground floor unit and were pleasantly surprised they had availability.

I was surprised to see a continental breakfast came with the room, but since we slept in we were not able to sample it.

We have paid a lot more at other places for a lot less and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for a very nice review, we do appreciate your business, will make sure that we stay competitive with other hotels considering it's a small place. we valued our guest and we want to make sure that they are satisfied during there stay in our motel. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

On our way home and stopped hete because if the high rating on TA. Well bew carpet and a comfortable bed alObg with a nice clean room. It was great!!

• Stayed: July 2012
ulycab, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thanks for a very pleasant review, we do appreciate your business and we are very pleased to hear that we've meet your expectation and comfort during your stay. We will surely do the best we can to make our guest happy.

Front desk manager

Royal Motor Inn
Royal Motor Inn
#3 of 8 in La Grande
The Mays Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to La Grande Travelodge? Share your experiences!