“Accommodating”

Flying J Travel PLaza
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in La Grande
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a truck stop restuarant - nothing fancy. There is also a lounge. We live in La Grande and eat at the restuarant. Very good food.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It was a little noisy but average truck stop food. The salad bar was ok, but the staff was willing to make a protein/veggie plate for me that was off the menu. Asked for grilled chicken and broccoli and both were cooked very well. I wouldn't make a special trip to go back, but if you're already here and hungry this could be the solution.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I guess you have to go into a truck stop restaurant with certain expectations. Maybe mine were higher than they should be?

The Good:
My husband liked his burger. They did a special order for him.
Good, friendly service.
Coloring mats for the children.

The Bad:
The prices are too high for what the food is.
Not enough healthy options. Don't truck drivers want healthy food?
I found the books in the center table thing to be inappropriate for a family.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The one thing I hate is staff constantly asking how your food is, the other is when they sit down beside you and drill you with questions!!!! Specially when your trying to eat lunch and on lunchbreak!!!!! I had taken my daughter there for the first time, we have accents. On that day I wish we hadn't! My daughter was DRILLED about moving over here, where she came from, how the government faired where we came from and a whole host of personal questions. I will go back and eat there, but my daughter??? No way! I have eaten there lots and have always found the food exceptional........... and plenty of it. All the other staff are wonderful, but this one lady? She let Flying J Travel Plaza down I'm sorry to say. It was not a pleasant experience. If you don't talk with an American accent and a very slender lady comes to take your order, RUN!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

First of all this is a truck stop - so nothing fancy. That said, the food is very good - at least it has been everytime we have eaten there. Our family (6 of us) ate there last Saturday, December 10th. It was in the afternoon - not a real busy time. Our waitress was friendly and very efficient and our meal was brought to us shortly. Everyone had something different and all said theirs was really good. I had one of the best cheeseburgers I have had in a long time. I might add the serve beer and wine also. We only used the restaurant part so can't say anything about the rest of the truck stop.