“Not clean and run down”
Review of Super 8 LaGrande

Super 8 LaGrande
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed May 15, 2009

It is depressing to be in a room that shows such a level of being run down. I stayed in the jacuzzi suite and would not think of taking a bath as the tub jets had a thick caked-on soap scum on them. As I entered the room, I noticed that there was damage on the door that had been 'sort-of' repaired. At some time the door had been kicked in. It just made me wonder why I would continue to choose to stay there. I didn't.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 LaGrande

Reviewed October 1, 2008

We found the front desk check-in woman to be very friendly. This hotel served its purpose as a waypoint on our cross country trip very well. It's close to a McDonalds and Subway.

The only thing that struck us as a bit different, was that the door to our room didn't seem to fit our door opening. It didn't create any problems, though.

Definitely an OK place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 in LaGrande during a summer family trip. We were just looking for a place to rest overnight. The Super 8 filled the bill. It had a good pool and whirpool for the kids to play in and run out some pent up energy. The room was clean and typical motel/Super 8 grade. Our room was spacious with a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast was just a few pieces of fruit and something that looked like pastries, but the price was right and we got a comfortable night's sleep. I would stay again if looking for clean place to rest my head for the night.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank AlaskaGambler
Reviewed July 10, 2007

When I went to Lagrande this was the highest rated motel on tripadvisor. It's not bad. The staff are courteous and the rooms are ok. Nothing to get excited about though, probably a typical Super 8. My door was beginning to rust through on the outside. And you can expect some surprises from housekeeping if you stay there a while. One day my room door was left open (it would never shut on its own, you had to pull it to make it latch), another the bag from my garbage can was on the table, The pool area is quite nice though. Overall though I found another motel that was more nicely equipped and spent the rest of my time in Lagrande there.

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed February 9, 2006

We have stayed at the Super 8 in La Grande 3 times now. It is above average for the area. The location is convenient and there is plenty of parking, even if you are in a RV or hauling a trailer. Rooms are clean, comfortable. There is cable TV, but no internet hookup or wireless. There is an indoor pool that is acceptable. They have coffee, juice, and muffins in the lobby in the morning. No in-room coffee or refrig. OK, inexpensive, but no frills.

4  Thank antique_lover
Royal Motor Inn
Royal Motor Inn
#3 of 8 in La Grande
The Mays Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to Super 8 LaGrande? Share your experiences!