“No Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Colora
“No Customer Service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel are totally lacking in customer service. We were unable to connect to the internet. We were told to contact Matrix. When we called Matrix they were unable to fix the problem and they said there was a problem with the system at the hotel. The Matrix rep said he was unable to speak to the front desk because they would not answer the phone. When I spoke to the front desk to tell them about the problem the manager shrugged her shoulders. When I asked what kind of a response that was, she said," well if you ladies don't like it you can check out." When I said I had an upcomming reservation I wished to cancel she said I would have to do it through the site I booked it with.

When we checked in we had booked and paid for two rooms. They only had one shown. When I told the women we paid for two she said it was not in her system and that was as much help as she was willing to give. I then said well look under my sister name. She finally did and the reservation was there. I booked both reservations and paid at the same time. The reservations were not cross referenced and the woman acted like we were trying to get something for nothing. The attitude with the front desk staff is not helpful or friendly. This was an attitude shared by the management and staff.

The hotel advertises a continental breakfast. It has coffee only. Room 116 has holes in the bedspread.

The pool was supposed to be open till 10pm, At 9pm it was closed and the lights were off.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FrontDeskAssociate, Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience that you had during your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you had a problem with our amenities during your stay. Our breakfast room has an outside entrance and some guests don't inquire at the front desk as to its location and assume the coffee located in the lobby is the extent of our breakfast. We offer Super 8's Super Start Breakfast daily from 6am to 9am in our breakfast room. We employ a company to trouble shoot WIFI issues for our guests. Our front desk associates do not have the technical skills necessary to provide WIFI technical support. If our WIFI tech support (Matrix) advises us that the internet is up and working with no issues, it makes it diffucult to provide "customer service" for the WIFI. I do, however, understand how frustrating WIFI connection issues can be. Your comments have all been noted and are being used to improve our customer service skills and we take all comments very seriously. Hope you have a Super Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

It's a Super 8 and exactly what I expected I needed a bed for a few hours sleep. It was clean enough, no foul odors and was safe. If you are looking for luxury and amenities....I doubt you will find it in this town...i wanted a clean, safe and bug free nights sleep and I got it. If I was passing through again I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
West Richland
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The bed that was in room 230 was as old as the motel,I really think its gross a motel chain would leave a bed in there that long it was blue in color,I don't know any mattress companies making blue beds any more.The TV was as old as the motel also,no business center,no laundry on site,hot tub bubbles didn't work and was Luke warm at best.No elevator.So the next night I stayed at the Best western next door for 20. more per night,way worth it totally updated, granite counter tops,updated furniture,bed wasn't new but it was recent and fixtures all new,new 40 inch flat-screen.You would think that at the 100.oo per night range it would be better

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FrontDeskAssociate, General Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the condition and age of our hotel. Your comments have been forwarded to our hotel owner and will be used to make decisions regarding the capital improvements that will be done in the future. Your comments are vauluable to us and I thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Have a Super Day!
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Room was very clean, nice decor through out the entire Motel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Motel was in a good location and was easy to get to. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple