“Motel is dated and needs work, but beds are new & wonderful!”

Quail Run Motor Inn
Quail Run Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The place is very dated. The chair I'm sitting on as I type this is broken. The bathroom has no towel racks, the shower has no real place to put soap or shampoo. I thought is a bit high priced for the value, but so far on this trip it had the very best beds. The room is clean, but hard to tell because the furnishings, walls, etc. are so old. Would I stay here again? I think I may check out the other places first. On check in the manager made me present the exact credit card I had booked the room on and I had to come in and show him my ID, I've never had this happen as I usually book the room and my husband checks us in. I felt that was a bit rude.

Room Tip: They all look the same to me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quail Run Motor Inn

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I think the sheets and towels were clean. The manager was really a nice fellow and allowed us to have another room because the air conditioner failed to operate properly. There was a great risk taking a shower when other units were also using anything that involved water. One could get scalded several times within 7 to 10 minutes by the fluctuations in the water temperature. I was pinned against the back wall for several minutes waiting for the cold water to dilute the hot water. Now you might think it would be easy enough to simply turn the valve to a cooler setting, but you would be wrong. The valves are separate-hot and cold-and one must turn for ever to get a change. The going ratio is the hot water all the way on and the cold about 1/4 turn. The soap chips, not bars, reminded me of an over sized wheat thin.

The adage that you get what you pay for was very true in this case. The cost was under $50.00
The room was used as a place to sleep the night before a backpacking trip in the Wallowa Mountains. If you stay here bring your own soap and shower very early. Also use ear plugs as the trains pass by a block away during the night and blow their horns at a nearby RXR crossing. Remember the manager was great and had a good sense of humor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very hospitable owners are in the process of updating this charming older motel, hope they keep the charm! ... brand new mattresses, great value, and 10% off at local restaurant with mention of Quail Run.

Room Tip: The railroad track is right across the road so it may be quieter in the back.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Cheap older motel that had no renovations or improvements done since it was built. It looked like they were renovating one of the rooms, I hope they do that to all of them.

Room was "clean" but had tired corners that could have used a scrub, old doesn't have to mean poorly maintained. The room was basic, beds were okay with lousy pillows. The bbq area was very unimpressive but it did give us a place to sit outside under a beautiful tree. Office is not always staffed. No ice machine but they provide quart bags of ice cubes. We were at the back of the motel so it wasn't a problem but there are active train tracks across the street. I would find another place for my next stay in La Grande.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Was looking for a hotel because my friend from Africa had to go take the toefl in Lagrande. We booked a room with one bed, good price($45) and when we arrived there, the manager( i guess) proposed to give us a room with 2 bedroom for an additional $10. The room was big, very comfortable...looked like a 2 bedroom apt for I had my room and he had his...fridge, microwave,tv, internet..very comfortable, clean, many towels, nice parking just in front of our room... Above all, the guy was really nice to us, very welcoming although he looked a bit scared at first (2 black guys arriving in a small town at midnight, I guess). I don't pray that that much but this was a first time I left a hotel and prayed that God will bless his business..

Room Tip: 2 beds( 2 rooms) room 116
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paddy782
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I came to town to visit my daughter at EOU and stayed here a couple weeks. It was perfect for my needs and kept immaculately clean with everything in order. I never worried about my belongings and was always met with smiling employees and the helpful and friendly owner.

Whoever wrote the "Dirty Room" rating must have worked for another motel in town that must have been jealous of this place. Virtually everyone I met that has ever stayed here has the best things to say about it. I would recommend this for anyone that is looking for a safe, well kept, and friendly atmosphere and they won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: It's not right in the middle of town and a nice area to go for a walk. It's walking distance...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I made a trip to oregon to visit friends i decided to make a pit stop here to recharge my batteries. The owner was very polite and gave me a great deal on my room. The staff was friendly and kind. My room was clean and my bed was to my liking. I think the cleanliness of the room and the bed is what many customers look for when checking in into a hotel or motel and this place met my expectations. I will definitely stop by at the Quail Run Motor Inn the next time I'm in the area to visit my friends.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner. Very friendly and will give you a great deal
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo