“Grrrrr-eat!!!”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped for lunch. I chose the "little less" menu and had a bowl of chili with cornmeal muffin. My husband had the lunch feature, a prime rib sub and it was just that - a large slab of prime rib on a sub bun (a little surprising as we were expecting thinly sliced prime rib) with beef jus. Overall exceptional food at a reasonable price.

There are newer reviews for Black Bear Diner

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wait staff was very good. Food was great. The chicken/cheddar/potato soup was AMAZING. The cornbread was delicious. We got a reuben sandwich, prime rib and pot roast. All were good. GET THE GRAVY ON THE SIDE FOR ALL BECAUSE THEY GIVE A LOT AND IT'S OVERPOWERING. I would eat here again.

The waitress even went out of her way to make up pies for another customer that weren't in the display case.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Was recommended by our motel as having a good menu with large portions for a fair price.
In our case that did not turn out to be what we experienced, Fish and chips were frozen squares (without taste) dipped in the fryer with a side of fries and probably the worst cole slaw I've had in several years. The latter was essentially shredded raw cabbage. Fortunately, the malt vinegar (fish and chips) came in handy. My wife had the "blast" which was advertised by the server to be the best bet on the sandwich menu. She wished she had ordered a club (somewhere else).

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The specials at Black Bear are truly great values. Had steak and eggs for 6.99 really very good. Service good too and a clean pleasant place to start your day.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate here last night and I am truly impressed. While fine dining is nice, it is great to find a place where it's just great food, amazing portions and great value. It was my first visit to this restaurant and there isn't one bad thing to say about it. It is quaint with great decor. Our server was that perfect balance of friendly and professional. Best orange juice ever. Super fresh salad which was really nice. Between our family we had the chicken fried steak, friend chicken and beef tips. Everything had great flavour and our daughter tried a few things (country gravy among them) that she now loves. Will definitely be back. This is definitely one restaurant that goes on my favourites list!