“unauthorized $300.00 charge to my credit card”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Kennewick, Washington, United States
“unauthorized $300.00 charge to my credit card”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel a lot for work and stay at lots of hotels, I checked into this one and noticed ashes in my window seal after I was all ready situated. I was busy with work so I forgot to let the front desk clerk know about the ashes, plus I didn't want to move rooms so I thought it wasn't that big of a deal. I only stayed one night and I wasn't even there much. Two days latter my account is over drawn because of a $300.00 charge from this hotel. when I called to bring the mistake to their attention they informed me it wasn't a mistake, it was because I smoked in the room. I told her I didn't smoke in the room and theres no way she can say the room smelt like smoke. she said it didn't but the house keeper found ashes in the window seal. I explained to her that the ashes were there when I checked in. She didn't believe me and refused to refund my money. Be careful not only does this hotel have lousy house keeping, but they will charge you for things you didn't even do and not even ask, listen, or believe you when you explain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Molly B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Southport, NC
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is located behind the Holiday Inn Express and Sizzler and is a little hard to find, The hotel seems a little old on the outside but is very well maintained inside. The rooms were clean abd well appointed with a refrigerator and microwave. One nice feature is that the pool is open 24 hours. One complaint is that breakfast ends at 9AM. It should last till 9:30. If you are staying over another day, be out of the room before noon or it won't get serviced. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My first attempt at a hotel room was at the quality Inn, and after seeing the room I left immediately. I then drove farther into town to the comfort inn. While somewhat better then the first hotel, the comfort inn was anything but comfortable. Temperature control the room was awful. A window H/AC unit offered little efficiency and a lot of noise, while doing very little to make the room less muggy or hot. The room was tired and dated. I love you good, a lamp that didn't work, and plastic drinking cups are part of the package. For $120, I expect more. At this point, I think my recommendation for places to stay in Klamath Falls would be to not stay in Klamath Falls, particularly at the comfort inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sfwood
Madras
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is absolutely NOT a nice place to stay. After a 12 hour drive I check into the Comfort Inn my husband booked on line. The rate was on the higher end however since I was travelling with my daughters we felt it might be safer at a more expensive Inn. The rate of over $100.00. Woke in the morning to not only a 50's style bathroom but a sore back due to the very uncomfortable bed. Found what looked like wood chips between the comforter and the blanket and the "glob" of hair and fuzz and whatever, in the corner where I had put my suitcase!! The Ironing board was so bent it could not stand. Upon complaining at the front desk' I found that person less than considerate, I told her of what I had found in the room and wanted her to know it was not a $100.00 room. Well that just made things worse. She was angry - then told me there would be a $300.00 room charge because I had a pet in the room. Not so, I say not travelling with pets I had my daughters with me. At which point she produced something resembling pubic hair and said it was dog hair found on the blanket. She charged me anyway. I am disputing the charge with my bank. This is an Inn that does not care, very unreasonable, very rude. And the breakfast looked more like warmed up food left over from the buffet the day before. Never go there.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn just in front of this so called INN is probably much nicer, cleaner and "comfor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth M
Klamath Falls
Reviewed August 14, 2013

When I got in the shower I realized there were a number of long hairs on the shower wall and tub. I don't see how it could have been cleaned by anyone. The next day I told a person at the front desk who I believe was a member of the cleaning staff. I don't know if she passed on my comment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Jackie H
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The front desk clerk ( manager or owner not sure) gave us a warm and friendly welcome.
We loved the pool and hot tub. Lots of towels. The breakfast was great. There were so
many items to choose from, lots of hot items. The location was good. Easy to get to from
major highways. All of the staff treated us great. I would recommend this hotel. We will
return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pattanmike
Shelby, Montana
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A mixed bag...but I had to give more than Average...the room was neat (except for something I could not identify hidden in a draw...which I took to the front desk) The card swipe did not work several times (annoying) The linen was very good as was the firm bed. There was not a binder in the room about the services and local businesses. I asked Sandra at the front desk about the TV listings and no binder...she said that the hotel was switching TV carriers and they we waiting for info from the company. I asked how old is this hotel and she said 4 years. I wonder why they can not have a binder sans TV listings telling about the hotel and local area? They did put out cookies at 7pm for the guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo