“Outstanding!”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last Friday four of us had a superb dinner with all courses excellent. Prime rib,, steak , scallops, clam chowder , salads , even the glazed carrots were outstanding! Well paced , excellent service to add to our dining pleasure.

• Visited April 2013

Klamath Falls,OR
“Pretty Bad..Too Bad”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a last minute decision to go out on NY eve. Made the reservation, said there was no problem with getting us in. We were seated upstairs in the lounge area, okay. One bartender/waitress for the upstairs and she was the only 'tender for the entire restaurant! Needless to say the service was poor and when dinner finally arrived, it was tastless and burned. The potatoes tasted like last weeks door mat and the escargot wasn't its usual tastiness. I don't even remember what my entree was but my husbands prime rib was the only thing worth saving. (Barely). We have been here many times and this time they really dropped the ball! It was like Achim wasn't even in the state. It will be awhile until we return. Pretty sad and dissappointing.

Visited January 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Old & Outdate!!! :(”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had family in from out of town after the holiday's and unfortunately went to Mr. B's. I had not been then in some time and it is the identical menu that was in place years ago!!! :( In my travels I have not seen chicken cordonbleu on menu since attending a banquet several years ago. Mr. B's has become a one note!!!!!! Nice setting, boring food!!! Next time I will recommend we go to Brawny Burger!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
North Bend, Oregon
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

There were three of us on a Thursday night - no reservations - and we were seated at probably the nicest table in the place, in the "living room" next to the fireplace. What a beautiful and intimate restaurant! Tons of original dark wood paneling and moulding, cozy rooms with only three or four tables each. It was lovely.

Now for the food! All meals come with soup of the day, salad, crusty French bread, and the entree. The soup was potato/leek, smooth, creamy and flavorful. The special that night was wienerschnitzel that came with a complimentary glass of Riesling, which my husband ordered. We all got to taste it, and my son almost took it away from his father! It was covered in a cream sauce with craisins. Fantastic! I had a French onion soup... very good. My son had Steak Diane, which he really enjoyed. Both entrees were under $20. The soup was $8, which I thought was a little pricey, but that's okay. For dessert, a fantastic peach flambe that we all shared.

Please note that there ARE quite a few very expensive entrees, like steaks for $39 and such. I'm sure the steaks were worth it.

The service was top notch. Klamath Falls is lucky to have a restaurant like this.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kantor1955
Portland, Oregon
“Unusual Experience: great food, crappy service”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

First off, I'd like to say, I've been to this restaurant only once prior to this visit, when it was called Chez Nous. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but this is only my 2nd time there and both times were polar opposites of each other.

I went at the invitation of a family friend of my middle daughter's who was celebrating her 21st birthday. Three days before Christmas, we had reservations for 6 pm for the 10 of us, and because they were busy, they had us set up in the 2nd floor of the restaurant.

We arrived on time, and the waitress was pretty quick to see to our drink orders. and they did come in a timely fashion. Probably due to the fact that the bar was upstairs. When it came time to order our meals, it took quite a bit longer for her to get to us. We finally ordered at 7:10 PM, which meant we'd been waiting for over an hour just to place the meal order. Our soup came up fairly quickly after that, and it was very good and very hot. The waitress was very quick to clear 4 or 5 of the bowls, then disappeared shortly after and we ended up putting our other empty bowls on one end of the table ourselves.

The bar waitress did come back once to refill our drinks, then we never saw her again. The only other waitress we had was running herself ragged (to give her credit), up and down the stairs, with no other help whatsoever. It was clear they were very short staffed, so we tried to be understanding. There was hot bread that was to be brought to us, she gave us one basket with 6 pieces in it, saying that someone downstairs had "taken the other ones she had", so she had to go find a couple more baskets. That took an additional 15 minutes. Needless to say, we found ourselves actually looking towards the stairs every time someone came up to see if it was our waitress.

We finally got our meals, at 8 PM and while it looked wonderful, most of us quickly found out it was either lukewarm or flat out cold. I ordered the chicken cordon bleu, and it was, indeed, cold, as were the cooked carrots. The only hot item was the baked potato. After a few bites, I asked the rest of the group at large, "was their food also lukewarm/cold?" Turns out 7 of the 10 of us had that issue. But by that time, we were all so hungry and tired of waiting, that we sucked it up and just ate our food.

Not to take anything away from it, the food tasted great! My daughter had the lamb chops (a first for her) and while hers was also lukewarm, she said the spices and way it was cooked gave it a great flavor.

After finishing, the waitress came back and asked how everything was, and I told her, exactly how it was. She seemed surprised, but was also sorry as well as unsure quite what to do next.
After finally getting our bill, she disappeared again and we got up to go and just pay for the meal so we could go home. This was close to 9 PM. The bar manager came up the stairs and took us into a small ante room to find out what she could do, but I didn't feel it was my place to suggest anything. It would have been nice to have the meal comped, or a meal chit for a followup meal, but none of these things were put forth to us, so, having to get home, I simply said thank you and we left.

She did say they were short staffed due to many employees taking early vacation for the holidays, which was what I thought. The only other thing I would mention is that when handed our bill, the waitress had automatically added on the 18% gratuity, which, for my two daughters and myself, came to over $125, which I really thought was excessive given the circumstances of the whole night. Not saying she didn't deserve something for her time, but it was very clear that she was unable to handle our party and I wish the owner/manager had been able to bring in temporary staff to handle the evening for the entire place. This is a place that has been in business for many years, so determining the needs during the holiday season shouldn't have been an issue for them.

• Visited December 2012