“Great bakery, large portions and terrific flavors” 4 of 5 bubbles

Green Blade Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Great bakery, large portions and terrific flavors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Bought a cheese Danish (excellents) and very delicious and sweet cinnamon bun. And, yes, the coffee is very good, too.

Visited March 2014

Portland, Oregon
“tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I love a nice crusty on the outside and soft in middle bread. The sourdough round and baguette were just that. I was slightly disappointed in the jalapeno-cheddar bread. It was less jalapeno and cheddar and more tough dough. It was great toasted but didn't enjoy it untoasted. Croissants are delicious and flaky. Chocolate croissant is to die for. Coffee was so-s0. Local roast which was great but a little weak tasting to me. All in all good place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank foodie4evr
United Arab Emirates
“Highlight of KFalls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This little bakery is an amazing find in this backwater town.
The cinnamon bread is delicious, the pastries (raspberry with dark chocolate, fresh blueberries, cherry & almond) are flaky and wonderful, the lunch offerings are just different enough to make them worth the drive downtown.

All in all I love The Greenblade Bakery.

**The only downside is I have never been able to sit and enjoy the bakery. The first room is too small and crowded (hence, insanely loud) and the back room is set up so all the couches face the middle, which has tables. Each time I have went there has been a TeaPartiers or Fundamental Church group there dithering loudly on and on. It was awkward to sit on a couch basically watching a floorshow of weirdness. They really need to reorganize that room into little pods of seating instead of a round theatre.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Piercedlibrarian
boulanger65, Owner at Green Blade Bakery, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hey that's a pretty good idea, making little pods like that. We thought about it at the beginning but we were trying to make as much seating as possible. Maybe I'll do some experimenting. I happen to like rearranging furniture.

And it's funny, we also get complaints from conservatives about the loud-mouthed liberals that meet there all the time. Such are the times we live in, I suppose . . . Anyway, thanks for the great review!
Waldport, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

whatever item you choose, you won't be disappointed, everything is yummy and the staff are friendly,
the bread pudding with whisky sauce is my favorite

Visited October 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Very good sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

One does wonder about the general quality of restaurants in Klamath Falls is this represents the very best.

We went for lunch. The mapping connection on TA was sending us much farther north when my wife saw the sign as we drove past. Plenty of room for parking. Maybe five sandwich choices at most, and a key ingredient of the salami sandwich I chose was pepperoncini, those zesty little yellow banana peppers that add such personality to an ordinary sandwich. There were at most two or three tiny squiggles of pepperonchini that came with it. The young man behind the counter happily went and found and brougnt the big jar to our table and added as many as I wanted, making the sandwich more or less as promoted. Still, the salami was, I'm quite sure, domestic and uninspired, but overall it was now a good sandwich, as was my wife's. Both were on decent baguette style bread, reasonably priced, and large enough for light eaters like us to save half for the next day's picnic.

The coffee was fine.

The quite expensive rye bread we bought as we left was excellent, thus the very good rating. Failing that this place didn't seem to us that much above average as a place for lunch.

• Visited August 2013