“Squeakie Clean and Lovable Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Anderson, California
“Squeakie Clean and Lovable Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband made reservations to stay a night while we attended an art exhibit the next morning in Klamath Falls. As we were running late that evening, he had me call from the car to inform the hotel. "Are you Mike's wife?", came the inquiry from the other end. Right away, she felt like an old acquaintance who was looking forward to our arrival. The place was an older hotel right off the main strip. That being said, it was inviting and so clean! (many deluxe chains could take a lesson!) An older television was in the room, but it had cable and free wifi. No complimentary coffee, but Dutch Brothers was just up the road a bit. The warmth of the proprietors brought one back in time to when customers were truly cared about. The price was great, it was very quiet, and we will most assuredly return.

Room Tip: call ahead for reservations as there are a limited number of rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1horseshay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Finnish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The motel is small and fairly quiet. The proprietors are friendly and nice. However, the rooms are small and dated. If you want to know what it is like to stay in a motel from 1971 then this may be your place. The TV was ancient. The mattress wasn't too comfortable. The room seemed very small and cramped and the bathroom was tiny. It wasn't a bad place to stay, but it does have limitations. The reviewers who rave about this place and give it 4 and 5 stars apparently have never stayed in place that really is 4 or 5 stars. It is really a two star motel, but I gave it 3 stars because the owners were nice people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Higgs B
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

while visiting family in klamath falls we stayed two wonderful days at the golden west motel. the room was clean and very comfortable. we surely will be staying there when we return to klamath falls to visit relatives.

Room Tip: rooms are all nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronald P
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stopped at this AAA motel went I drove by it on my way into Klamath Falls, OR. I saw the inviting "Golden West Motel" sign and turned in. I was looking for a comfortable affordable room with WiFi for the night before I went to the Lava Beds National Monument (approximately 30 miles to the south). As I write this review, I'm sitting in my room at the motel enjoying a great cup of coffee from a local coffee house before I depart for the Lava Beds. The personable owner-hosts, Vince and Luisa Hilgeman, are a wonderful couple who take pride in keeping their motel clean and comfortable. Luisa takes special care of the rooms and pays lots of attention to details. I really appreciate that attribute in hosting. The single room I have (#25) has a comfortable bed and an absolutely great shower with plenty of water and a gentle spray. I believe it's the best shower set-up I've ever had. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to the hosts and staying here. This is the very first review for anything or anyplace that I've written, but I was so impressed with the friendliness of the hosts, the cleanliness of the room, and the wonderful shower that I felt compelled to write this review.

Room Tip: I didn't have a choice of rooms since I took the last room available, but it seems to me that an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim H
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I booked a night after a Crater Lake day. We found a clean room with a comfortable bed. Luisa and Vince were as nice as can be - folks we'd befriend if we lived in the same town. Our dog romped with theirs while we chatted. The rooms are small (as another reviewer mentioned), We initially wondered if noise from adjacent rooms would be an issue because a big festival had just ended and some of the festival-goers around town seemed ready to keep it going. But no worries. We slept well for a very affordable cost. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan P
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can't say enough how friendly and accommodating Vince and his wife were. The reviews sold me on the place and they were right. Very inexpensive and the rooms were clean, comfortable, and exactly what we needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rhandi
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

What a nice place to stay. Vince and Luisa are marvelous hosts who care about their customers. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The price is excellent. I don't know what more I could ask for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo