“You get what you pay for”
Review of Maverick Motel

Maverick Motel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Klamath Falls appears to be past its prime. The Maverick is close to the highway and within walking distance of "downtown" although there is not much there. The room was very outdated, pillows were awful and beds were very uncomfortable, shower had little pressue. I think they got thicker mattresses but forgot to upgrade their mattress pads because we had to get out of bed and re-position our pad a few times. Breakfast was pre-packaged but still nicer than having to spend a fartune for a family of 4. Our screen was extremely bent and barely hanging on and I wished I could open the window until the sun went down and whatever lights they have outside attract thousands of bugs that were plastered on the glass. Pretty happy I kep the window closed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Raj P, General Manager at Maverick Motel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate all guest reviews as they help us better our operations here on property for your next stay.

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t get what you paid for at our property. I can guarantee you that each one of our staff is dedicated to service and will do everything in their power to make sure your stay is comfortable and relaxing. I do hope that you would give us a second chance to prove to you our service.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Raj Patel, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ive been traveling in this area for almost seven years, and I always stay here at the Maverick. Great rates, very clean rooms, nice hotel staff. close to the highway and a great restaruant next door. Im very pleased with the service and will always come here to stay. They also go out of their way for great customer service.

Room Tip: They are all great
Green Features: Very clean nice staff, close to a grocery store. nice small town downtown enviroment.
1 Thank Steph B
Raj P, General Manager at Maverick Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely Thank You for the great review you shared with your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. One of the highest compliments I can extend to our staff is when we have exceeded our guest’s expectations. Your review has given us all a great sense of motivation. Thank you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great experience.
Rooms spotless, excellently appointed for business.
Large flatscreen TV with Netflicks, etc., comfortable desk, fridge, microwave, and accessories (even highlighters and tape!) Fast wireless. Complementary water and snack basket.
Very clean bathroom and very quiet. Memoryfoam mattresses gave a good night's sleep.
Raj, the manager, went out of his way to make sure my stay was a pleasant one.
My buddy from KFalls had a look at the room and was also impressed.
Will def stay here again, and will refer visitors and locals.
Mike

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike J
Thank you for staying with us in Klamath Falls. We also appreciate you sharing your experience, because as you have stated, many travelers use the recommendations of those who have already stayed with us. We are extremely pleased that we lived up to your expectations and are hopeful we exceeded them.

We have been working tirelessly over the past few months updating our property, and our staff takes such pride in what they do, and I am glad that you were able to see their enthusiasm during your stay. We feel so proud to hear feedback such as yours. So thank you for making it all worth it!

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Klamath Falls.

Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Maverick Motel is centrally located in Kalamath Falls. I booked the room through booking.com and only paid $45.00 per night! The room is a good size, very clean and quit. There is an excellent Brew Pub called The Creamery in the adjacent parking lot. I will defnitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Raj P, General Manager at Maverick Motel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We are proud to be the best Motel in Klamath Falls, with support from amazing guests like yourself, we are always pushing to create memorable experiences with each and every guest! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, we like to offer the best to our valued guests, without you, we would not be where we are today. We look forward to your next stay in the future and wish you the best! Until next time.

Washington State
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This older motel is a bit off of Hwy 97, but not a bad drive. Lobby area is updated, check in was ok even though they did not have my reservation I made through booking.com. we got a first floor room, facing the parking lot. Standard house key did not have a tag, so we clipped it on our car ring for fear of losing it.

Rooms are in clusters of 4 off short hallways, style is old school. We had a king bed, which was very comfortable. Room smelled very clean. Flat screen tv with Direct Tv. Complimentary water and snacks.

The supplied shampoo comes in little packets which I could not tear open with wet hands. The blow dryer didn't work.

Because the rooms are clustered, you can hear the coming and going of other guests. They woke my daughter up at 4, stood chatting outside the room.

We had to leave early, so we couldn't eat the breakfast but it looked like grab and go. Fruit, yogurt, sweet breads.

Overall, ok place for $50. Best thing is the pub next door. The Creamery Pub and Grill. We checked in at 9 and it was the only place around. Late night menu starts at 9.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hall cluster.
2 Thank volleymom58
We appreciate your review and thank you for visiting us. We are sorry our service was marginal and there is no doubt you certainly deserve better than you received. Our business is dedicated to giving our customers 5-star service so we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the manner in which you deserve.

Raj Patel, MBA, CHA, CHO
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in mid to late July 2013. We were on our way home from a two week vacation and hadn't scheduled a hotel for the night, so we were scrambling for something fairly late in KFalls. We got the last room. The front desk staff is kind and helpful. Sure its true the hotel is dated, and very basic, but it is ultra clean, has mini fridge, microwave, complimentary water and snacks and was even next door to the local brewpub. For $54, we couldn't have been more pleased; it was an unexpected bargain. There was fresh fruit for breakfast, but the pastries were pretty low-brow so we went to a local bagel shop instead. The Maverick was also located in a great part of downtown Klamath Falls, with cute shops to explore. For the price, I don't think you could do better.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. I don't think there were any elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review regarding your stay at The Maverick Motel. It is such a great motivation to our staff when guests recognize their efforts. I will be sure and share your review with our entire staff. Thank you again for letting us know of your stay and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Can't give this property more than two stars. They take outdated to a whole new level. If personal security is a concern avoid this place. They still have mechanical keys. They scan your drivers license and imprint your credit card. They don't know the new rules protecting personal information. Bedding is the thinnest possible. Breakfast was vending machine quality. They need to update.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim C
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a recent review on Trip Advisor. I was sincerely sorry to read of your experience, and your concerns about the out-datedness of the room. I want to assure you that we are in the process of updating and renovating our facility to include new bed packaging that will certainly give the room a more contemporary look. Most of the TV’s in the rooms have been replaced with 32” flat screen televisions. Unfortunately it looks like you were not put into one of these rooms. I do sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and if you call me direct, I will get you assigned to one of our updated rooms. Again, my sincere apologies that you stay was not up to your (or ours) expectations.