All reviews ruddy duck golf course arnold palmer crater lake horseback riding walking trails golf package grounds are beautiful ice rink indoor pool on site restaurant stayed longer bird watching full kitchen fitness center hot tub minute drive
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My room was quite spacious, clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The TV could be a bit larger, especially for my older eyes. There was a reasonably large refrigerator in the room, which was horrible. While the lobby and hallways were busy, inside the room I was never bothered by noise. The catering for the meeting was adequate, but not as good as it could have been. The cooked peapods served with lunch were, frankly, inedible. The pods were extremely stringy and they were unpleasant to eat. However, providing good food in a meeting room always seems to be somewhat problematic, and most of the items were of reasonable quality. Room service was available, and my entrée was actually quite good, as opposed to the deviled egg appetizer, which was both very expensive and not very good. I do not mind paying an 18% gratuity for room service, but thought it was ridiculous to also have to pay a two dollar “trip fee“ for walking my food halfway down the hallway on the same level as the restaurant.

Trip type: Traveled on business
georgie anne L, Front Office Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a wonderful review on the Lodge. We value and appreciate your feedback. I did pass along your food and meal comments to our Chef. And, we are pleased your enjoyed your overall stay. We do hope to see you again in the future.

George Lusk
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have a nice generous sized room. No noise. Wonderful grounds, Great dinner on site with wonderful views. Nice bar. Romantic setting. Able to sleep in easily.

Staff authentically pleasant. Very helpful. Safe setting.

Date of stay: September 2019
georgie anne L, Front Office Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Awesome Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a great review on the Lodge and the staff. We value and appreciate your feedback. Your wonderful experience makes me want to check in tonight. Thank you again, and please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. We hope to see you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2019

This is a lovely property ....not sure why the one review said that there wasn't a restaurant on premise because there are actually two....there is one located within the lodge and one called the Ponderosa that opens at 4PM this time of year two doors down from the hotel. Our bed was ultra comfortable , the room was very clean and my only complaint was what I consider a tacky design faux pas by having carpet with a wood front as the place to sit and open your suitcase under your hanging things...it is scuffed so looks shabby and please if you insist on doing this at least carpet the entire encasement (wrap the carpet fully around, no wood showing) The room is beautiful and then there is this tackiness that makes it look cheap.....petty, I know, but I like a place to feel luxurious when paying the big bucks...such an easy fix! So that takes it down a notch for me. We ate breakfast at 6:30AM in the restaurant and it was delicious. As far as I could see it is the best accommodation available in the Klamath Falls, area...was not impressed with the town itself so this property is a little town of its own 8 miles outside of town.

Date of stay: September 2019
georgie anne L, Front Office Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Dear Awesome HawkSpiritTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on the Lodge and property. We value and appreciate your feedback. Great idea for the carpeting, we are in the process of updating the Lodge and I will certainly pass your comments along. Thanks! We are please you enjoyed your stay and welcome you to come back in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

We found Running Y by accident and changed our route home to CA just to stay there. It’s rustic and beautiful. Rachel at the desk was as friendly and helpful as she could be. Check in took less than 5 mins and our room was ready and close to lobby. We had a lovely little patio and wished we would have had more time to take advantage of it. We enjoyed a delicious steak dinner at The Ruddy Duck on the patio. Hannah C was our server and was delightful. She had no problems taking my small substitution request to the chef. She professionally and patiently managed the angry lady at the table next to us that could not have been more rude to our sweet server! Back in our room, we slept well enough but woke early to the sounds of the baby and family in our adjacent room. But what can you do? Our kids were little once too. Shower was great! Would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
georgie anne L, Front Office Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear Destination431030,
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review. We appreciate and value your feedback. We are so happy you found us and hopefully we will get to see you many times in the future. I have pasted along your kind comments to the staff. Thank you again, we think you are great.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

It is a very beautifull location; the service was most satisfactory.

Yet, the doorway lock did nor work properly or not at all. Even after so-called repair, it worked half the time. One time we found the door unlocked upon return.

There is a notice that guests should not leave the bathroom door open, when showering: steam apparently triggers the fire alarm. Guess what (should not have) happened at 4am; the alarm went off.

Their website shows a restaurant at the premises;
not anymore since two years we were informed.

Overall, we were unhappy campers in a pleasant place ...
Charly

Date of stay: August 2019
georgie anne L, Front Office Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear Carolus,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. You feedback is very important. I need your assistance to help me address your concerns. On the doorway lock, we keep a log on guest request or items that should need repair at the lodge. I could not find any reference to a doorway lock. Was this lock the door to your room or an outside door? I am not sure what happened with the steam triggering the smoke or fire alarm. I did not receive a call from our Security company regarding a fire alarm alert. I have asked the Engineering Department to check out the shower/stream and see if it does affect the smoke alarm around the corner from the bathroom in the hallway.
Carolus, we do have a full service restaurant located directly across from the Front Desk. There is a second restaurant, The Ponderosa Grill which is independently owned and is located at the four way stop sign, a short walk from the lodge. And, The Market also has a full deli that served breakfast and lunch. I apologize if this information was not communicated at the time of check in. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
George Lusk