“IT’S OK TO RUN AT THE RUNNING Y RANCH”

Running Y Ranch Resort
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife stayed at this resort as part of an Amtrak travel package from the Monterey area to Klamath Falls Oregon (with a day trip to Crater Lake) and return. Our train arrived at Klamath Falls at 8:30 in the morning, and to our pleasant surprise, Doris from the Running Y Ranch was there to greet us. The hotel lobby, grounds, and views are simply beautiful. The entire staff was absolutely a delightful bunch making sure that all our needs were met. We found the room to be quite spacious, clean and comfortable. While the resort is about a ten-minute drive from town, don’t worry if you do not have a car as there is always a staff member willing to drive you to town in one of the hotel’s official vehicles. While in town be sure to spend some time in the History Museum and have lunch at The Creamery. This resort is a solid four plus star rated establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick F, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Diego31,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the Amtrak experience, the accommodations, and of course the friendliness of our team members. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to The Ranch.

There are newer reviews for Running Y Ranch Resort

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We are traveling to Crater Lake, having come from Red Bluff,CA about 200 miles. We saw a lot of open land twisting mountain roads all well paved and marked. Upon looking for a place we found this "timeshare and property owners at this lodge that use to be owned by a nephew of Walt Disney. Te setting is gorgeous blending with the cattle range. It looks like a lodge red barn motif portico and 10 foot leaded glass doors entered into a grand 2-story registration area. A ceiling to floor rock fireplace was the main focal point. We had dinner out on the back patio overlooking a golf course, walking and biking trails The rooms were clean and stylish, we had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the valley.

Room Tip: Comfortable, warm hospitality, much personal service. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a pl...

Dear Harley2Ride,

Thank you so much for staying with us. There is certainly something very magical about simply sitting out on the back patio of the Ruddy Duck overlooking Payne Canyon and soaking in the views with some great food and refreshments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved the Running Y it is one of the jewels of Oregon.
The beds were clean and comfortable and the food great.
The scenery around the running y was breath taking with Bald Eagles flying over the Ranch.

Great Service and wonderful people.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It is unusual for me to comment about a hotel/resort vacation erxperience. However, The Running Y Resort is such an exceptional place, with extraordinarily helpful staff, providing the highest quality guest services.

We chose to use the resort for our guests, as home base in late June for the wedding of my son at his fiance's nearby, family ranch in Klamath Falls, Oregon. From the time we began making reservations (over 60 guests used various accomodations) during the winter months, through our stay at the resort, to our checkout, we encountered the friendliest, happiest and most accomodating and helpful staff. So many individuals and families requested a variety of special services and accomodations ranging from lodge rooms to townhouses to single family rental homes. And everyone raved about the attentiveness
of the resort staff and the quality of their living spaces and its furnishings. The resort provides its own natural beauty, offering a seemingly endless array of activities within its own property, located in the picturesque lakes and valley area of southern, Oregon. Our guests played golf, hiked and ran on the beautiful trails and roads throughout the Running Y, swam, played basketball and volleyball and worked out in the health club. We hosted the Wedding Rehearsal Dinner at the Lodge during the beautiful evening of the summer solstice. The food, accomodations and service were outstanding, making for a memorable event. We even organized a wedding morning 5K run for over 25 runners.

Every wedding guest commented to us on how the Running Y enhanced their weekend, wedding experience. As a host family, we could not have been more pleased. We give the Runniny Y a hearty 5 Star endorsement.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Patrick F, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Kaplan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Running Y Ranch.
We are pleased to hear that all the wedding attendees and family members had a great experience throughout the resort. We know that coordinating a wedding, housing, meals, and activities is a challenge, so we are very proud that we were able be of assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Running Y again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff at the lodge are so friendly and helpful - especially George, Pete & Ron!
We enjoyed our night's stay in the lodge. The room was spacious and the mattress on the bed was sooo comfy! The bathroom area was also spacious, though the counter space is a bit limited.The room was very nicely cleaned when we arrived, which we appreciated! The Sports & Fitness Center is located just a short walk from the lodge and is equipped with a nice variety of newer exercise equipment in the cardio room. The pool pavilion offers a nice main pool, separate hot tub, wading pool, and dry sauna, and plenty of space on the outside deck for sunbathing. You can check out tennis equipment and play on the nice outdoor courts.
The patio off of the Ruddy Duck is a great spot to enjoy a drink while taking in the views of the golf course.
We would recommend the lodge to anyone looking to unwind in beautiful Klamath Falls!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick F, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear K Rose,
Thank you for your nice comments and warm recognition of our Front Desk team.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed all of the services and amenities during your visit to Running Y Ranch. We are very pleased that you took advantage of the Ruddy Duck outdoor deck area. It is a wonderful spot to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner with great food and breathtaking views.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience.
Best regards, Patrick

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Best place we stayed during our west coast road trip. I had booked a suite at the Running Y Ranch, but before I left for my trip I verified all my bookings and much to my surprise by booking at Running Y was lost in the booking system. To fix the problem the folks at Running Y really surprised me when they offered me one of the timeshare units. The folks at the front desk were very pleasant and check-in was very quick. I told my wife they hooked us up because of the misplaced reservation, but our jaws dropped when we pulled into our driveway. It was a duplex house with a deck and hot tub. We took advantage of the loaner board games in the main building library as well as the indoor pool. We ate at the onsite restaurant for dinner and breakfast. My chicken was overcooked for dinner, but my son ordered a Hawaiian pizza, which I think was a bit more than was intended for a children’s menu pizza and I think he swallowed it whole. My wife had ordered the same entre as me, and her chicken was not overcooked. Like the other Holiday Inn owned properties on our road trip, this one offered ‘KIDS EAT FREE’. That really helps when you have 4 kids! After dinner I thought I might stop by the onsite store to grab some cold ones to enjoy by the hot tub, unfortunately the store closes at 7, so if you need something from the store, plan ahead. The breakfast was awesome! We took some seats outside on the veranda overlooking the golf course, while the sun was coming up. It was just beautiful, but sunglasses are a must. The kids ordered pancakes and they brought out Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. They were light and fluffy. The kids gobbled them up. Now let me tell you about my breakfast. I didn’t have high expectations, just some comfort food, so I ordered biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were split and toasted, covered with fresh made gravy and garnished with chopped red and green peppers. They were possibly the best biscuits and gravy I had ever tasted. Kudos to the cook! Now back to the unit…
The unit was very clean and well equipped with pots, pans, towels. The garage had a funny smell, but we didn’t park the van in it anyway. There were deer wondering about the property and would come as close as 10 feet from the deck, while we were on it! It was a great stay. I only wish we had been able to spend more than one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tikigoon,
Wow, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Running Y Ranch. I am sorry that your reservation was lost, but pleased that our team was able to quickly accommodate you in one of our well appointed Vacation Rental homes. As you know, in addition to our 88 room lodge, we also have 30 beautiful homes in our Vacation Rental program available for families and groups.
I apologize that that one of your meals was not up to our preparation quality standards. We are excited to announce that we just hired a new chef here at Running Y Ranch and new menus are already in place for the summer. We are pleased that you took advantage of our “Kids eat Free” program. It has become a signature reason why families select our resort.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Running Y Ranch for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of our two Golden Retrievers is petrified of fireworks, and where we live lots of neighbors shoot them off makeing the area a "war zone" So we decided to use my free night from Holiday Inn to get out of town. If found the Running Y Ranch, and after e-mailing the resort (with a quick response), they confirmed that dogs stay free, even our two Golden Retreivers. They even mentioned there was a dog park at the resort. So I booked the free night for July 4th.
We arrived around 7:30pm. Check in was quick, and they welcome our dogs with treats. We got upgraded due to my platinum status. Apparently to the only room that Arnold Palmer has ever stayed in at the resort (I'm not a golfer, but okay). The room was a pretty standard hotel room, but did have a nice outside porch facing the golf course. The beds were very comfy for me.
After getting settled, our adult daughter stayed in the room with the dogs while my wife and I had dinner at the restuarant off the lobby. Food was good, and they had a coupel of choices of local beers on tap. Service started slow, but not too bad. The staff looked tired and end of shift was coming.
I did take advantage of the off lease dog park, but it is far from the hotel, definitely need to drive, but it was a nicely fenced park.
The next day we checked otu and headed to Crater Lake. I think the rack rates for this hotel are a little high for me, since I don't utilize the resort facilities much. However, I would consider staying here again, especially with the dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Subway Mark,
Thank you for sharing your warm and positive comments regarding your stay with us over the 4th of July weekend.
Our “dog friendly” resort has become a welcome destination for everyone in the family, including pets. The dog park located nearby the property entrance is a great area for dogs to cut loose.
Our restaurant team will be pleased to hear your comments regarding the quality of food. We just hired a new chef this month and have implemented exciting new menus for the summer.
We look forward in welcoming you back to our resort in the very near future.