“It has it all!”

Running Y Ranch Resort
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A great indoor pool, golf and miles of wonderful paths for enjoying the world-class nature surrounding the property (particularly birding and fishing). Rooms are very clean, nicely appointed and newly remodeled - many have spectacular views.

I travel here often and wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area. They take great care to make me feel welcome and right at home. Great for families, business or couples. Book early for rooms in the high season (summer).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
David E, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Richard s- Thank you for being our guest! I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the entire resort and that our staff takes great care of you. We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to having you back! Warm Regards, David

There are newer reviews for Running Y Ranch Resort

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hidden resort along our route between Crater Lake and Lake Tahoe was difficult to find. The front lobby and grounds were very nice but there are signs that the rooms are being neglected. Dinner at Wyatts Tavern was excellent. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Kim B- Thank you for being our guest on your way to Crater Lake! I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and grounds. I am surprised you noticed a deficiency in your guest room as the entire resort was recently renovated. I will see if I can determine where you stayed and inspect it personally. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Running Y resort has something for everyone! The pools and ourdoor activites are great for the kids. The paved trail around the resort is great for a morning run and the rooms are always in great shape (I have stayed here several times with the whole family)! The golf course is a bit spendy for me but is in great shape and fun to play. If you like outdoor activities and sun, this is the Klamath Falls destination for you.

Room Tip: Book one that overlooks the Golf Course. It is amazingly beautiful and has quick access to the runni...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Running Y Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Eric O- Thank you for being our guest! I am so glad you were able to experience the entire resort. The trails are amazing for a run, walk, or a bike ride with the family. Please check out our website for special golf rates the next time you visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a gorgeous location and the hotel is very very nice. The staff was attentive and courteous. The gal at the front desk (Ashley I believe) was very sweet and helpful. She even took extra time to help me find a Tire shop online and gave me the address. The staff at breakfast (Friday morning) was amazing. The server was great (forget her name though). The food was so delicious I was very pleasantly surprised. I am still thinking about those pancakes!

Very clean hotel. I am the type of person that wipes EVERYTHING down in the hotel room when I arrived and I couldn't find a reason to at the Running Y. Everything was clean, even to my high standards.

Beds are comfortable and the rooms are modern and nice. Recommend the balcony rooms, very nice.

I missed hitting the gym (sadly), but next time I stay I won't!

Great hotel with wonderful grounds, location, staff, and amenities.

Room Tip: Eat at the restaurant in the hotel and sit outside....it was fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Travis P- We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We will be sure to recognize Ashley for going the extra mile. I agree that the pancakes are amazing but you need to come hungry if you hope to finish them! We can’t wait to have you back.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from Running Y and had a great weekend over labor day. Having worked un hotels for half my life I will share my thoughts from a hotel manager's view and as a guest. The property is beautful and grounds and hotel are very nice. The room was spacious and the bed and DVD player, and fridge were awesome touches and provided both comfort and enjoyment during our stay. The bathroom didn't like that shower had no door floor was always soaked and bath mat. No bathtub either hard to shave legs for women in shower. No room service kind of dosappointment. Restaurant only ate in for breakfast buffet. The staff seemed very disorganized. Waiters not in sections, no one to greet us, only one waitress we were told could ring up our check??? When check was brought to us couldn't sign to room had to ask for another check so had to wait longer. Three different wairesses waited on us for one buffet confusing! Slow to clean tables no busser. Food was too basic and not kid friendly. Suggest adding cereals, milk, pancakes or french toast, toast, english muffins , bagels and toasters, whole fruit such as bannanas and apples, more pastries too limited. Also coffee, tea, and juice should always be included on breakfast buffet price never in my career have I seen it separate price just fyi. Include more juices like apple and cranberry. Lot's of negative reviews on yelp and here about your food quality and timing consider who your F&B person is and chef sounds like training is needed and maybe a good POS system for checks that all waiters are trained on. Went to front desk once to ask info about things to do like how to get to Crater Lake? Places to go other than that like towns etc? Found the staff aloof in that they weren't sure about local things to do or how to tell us to get places, or scenic routes to take. Only had one bad map that coyld barely read. We googled our info and took put on our own. Suggest training staff like a concierge they should know all local things to do, have restaurant menus, have all types of info on local attractions especially Crater Lake! Housekeeping was good my room was clean but had hair iny shower that was not ours which caused me to wear flip flops as I questioned overall cleanliness of room. Another training issue maybe on room inspection after cleaning. Misquitos are insane bring dpray they swarmed us at night but luckily we were prepared. Sports center with pool was awesome. My husband is a Priority member and seemed annoyed that he wasn't offered an upgrade and that we only got bottled water upon check in. We usually get that daily at other Holiday Inn's just an FYI. The staff are ver friendly and trying hard they seem to be lacking the tools ans training to be ggreat! If I were GM I would redesign bathrooms, add room service, hire or train F&B manager and get new Chef. Also hire or train Front of house manager and staff and housekeeping inspector. It was the little things that kept this hotel from being great! We loved this place found it perfect location to go to Crater Lake and Klamath Falls. The grounds are beautiful and hotel just need a little trainging and tools to make this hotel amazing. I am hopeful that when we return some if not all these things will have improved. We would love to come again so beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2012

RedmanCalifornia- Thank you for all of the feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the very near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel while we were there to golf. The staff was very nice. The facilities were wonderful. We were there on a Monday and were given an upgrade to a suite. If we were to ever go back we would pay the extra to get that room again. The room had a gas fireplace, a full kitchen, a small living room space, a seperate bedroom and bath. We also had a balcony area that overlooked the golf course. The only thing we didn't like about the room was the bathroom. It was not lighted enough and the shower was horrible. It was like they were going for the spa look and the stand up shower only had half a glass door/wall. When you turned the shower on it got the floor all wet, there was nothing you could do about it because the glass wall was too short. The shower head was also so high up and was a water saver type that hardly put out any water.

The room was comforable and the balcony was great. It was nice to just sit and relax and watch the sunset. Though there were tons of bugs and it made it difficult to sit out there very long. The kitchen was nice, it is always nice to have a full size fridge in your room. We had hoped to eat breakfast there but they only had a small buffet set up before 9 am and the food did not look very good. We are not fans of runny scrambled eggs and greasy sausage that have been sitting in a warmer for who knows how long. It would be nice if they offered menu items as well. We tried to go to one of the other restaurants located at the resort but they didn't open until 9 am. I have never heard of places that serve breakfast not opening until 9 am. Since we had a tee time for golfing before then we ended up with a muffin at the club house.

This is a resort area. There is a small spa on site along with tennis and a pool. We wanted to use the pool but it was not located at the hotel, it is down the walkway in the spa. It is open to all the residents of the area as well as the hotel guests. It is also an indoor pool. When we went down to swim the place was packed with screaming kids and was so hot and humid that we decided not to stay. they really need to have a small pool area that is just for hotel guests.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. The facilites are well maintained and the staff was very nice. The room was comfortable and the gold was great.

Room Tip: I would ask for an upper floor with a view of the golf course. The suites are also very nice and if...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Themonstersmom- Thank you for being our guest and for the wonderful comments! The suites are very popular and defiantly worth it if you are going to be on the resort for several days. There is an onsite market you can visit that has everything you need. We hope to have you back as our guest in the very near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've been coming to the Running Y for years because we love the area and The Running Y has the nicest location in the area. We come a few times a year, however, service was not the best in any area until this visit we noticed a huge improvement. Check in was a little faster and the rooms were nice and clean.

The restaurant has some huge improvements. For the first time ever, the staff actually seemed happy to see us on our visit this weekend, so many other times we felt like intruders or a bother to them. The new faces on the staff know customer service and I hope they don't lose them when summer ends. We will be making reservations around the holidays and look forward to this new improved service. The food was much better and so much faster than our experience we had there in July.

We did not visit the pool this visit as hiking and the outdoors was calling, but we are looking forward to our next visit. Overall we will be back because we felt very welcomed and the great improvements in customer service. Thank you for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Webberg2

Webberg2- Thank you for the fabulous feedback and for recognizing our staff. You are absolutely correct that it is the people that make the difference. You will definitely need to check out the pool and fitness center on your next visit. The indoor pool was renovated this year and is amazing!