“Pretty Decent Place”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I would not say this is the best coffee place I have ever been to, but they are fantastic! They have some pretty good speciality drinks, however I have not tested out the new food items that they have started up... It is a nice coffee place to hang out, complete work/school, and get a daily drink or two!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I love their LOVE attitude. Good coffee, as fancy as you want it, sweets and main course of fruits, quiche, a good variety... Jonathan has persisted in making this a vibrant, positive business. It's right next door to the VA now.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have stopped into Matteo's every once in a while for coffees and teas. However, we have never tried a lunch until yesterday. The store owner recommended the special of the day - a French Dip. Not what we would normally order, but figured we'd give it a try. Very glad we did. Best French Dip we have ever eaten. It was accompanied by a small tomato and basil salad and various fruit slices. Food and presentation were both top notch. Price was also very reasonable. If Matteo's can continue to offer lunches of this caliber, they will definitely be seeing a lot more of our business.

1  Thank RelevantDiscord
Reviewed May 28, 2012

THe ambiance is nice, but if you are in a hurry, forget it. Only customers there, and an almost 10 minute wait for 2 drinks! Good, but too long a wait!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I decided that since this place is ranked #1 for Klamath Falls, I had to try it before my visit ended. Maybe I had too high expectations or maybe because I am a coffee snob, but I was very disappointed. First off, I guess they were short handed, but I stood at the counter (I was the only one waiting for over 5 minutes) while the two employees were fixing everyone else's order and it really was not crowded. So after about 5 minutes of standing I thought I would just sit down until they decided to take my order.

Still several minutes passed so I decided to go somewhere else. I had visited the Green Blade Bakery several times with excellent coffee and service so mentally there is where I decided just go there. When the barista noticed I was getting up to leave, he finally took my order.

I had a mocha and a piece of quiche. My daughter had a smoothie and the breakfast sandwich. The mocha was good, but the quiche was nothing to write home about. I do not think it was homemade. My daughter only ate the inside of her sandwich, as it just was too much bread.

I think if you are a local med student who needs a fun place to study, it is probably a great hang out. However for this old timer, coffee snob, I would go elsewhere.

2  Thank suefromsa123