“Very Pleased!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
BONANZA
“Very Pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am very picky about my Japanese sushi and sashimi. Having lived in Japan for 3 years and eating traditional Japanese food, I find that here in America, it cannot compare.

But keeping that in mind, I have found over the years several places that I truly enjoy eating. My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary here at the Hanayori Restaurant. This was our first time eating here.

My husband had the special dinner with chicken teriyaki, rice, tempura, sushi, salad and one other item. He was very pleased with his dinner.

On the other hand, I live ala carte items. I had sushi rolls and sashimi as well as gyoza. All my items were outstanding. The prices of the items are pretty standard for Japanese food. We ate for about $35 which didn't include the tip.

The restaurant is very small, but has a nice "mom and pop" feel to it. It isn't a upscale place, but very comfortable. The owners are very nice and helpful.

Would I recommend this place to others? You bet! We will return here for special occasions.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Bend, Oregon
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed nearby and ate here while traveling through the area - very good, certainly not the best Japanese that I have eaten but worth a visit!

• Visited April 2013
Klamath Falls
“Japanese Bliss in Klamath Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hanayori is a favorite of ours whenever we're in the mood for Japanese. We call it our "Secret Spot" because it's a quaint place where there's always a table available. The quality of the food is always top notch and the service is always friendly. Because the food is prepared fresh, it does take some time, so budget your time accordingly. One of the other Japanese restaurants, Tobiko, is a trendy, popular place to eat, but Hanayori really does offer a more authentic, and more tasty cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bryan C
Klamath Falls, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service and Food are excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ordered a variety of dishes and of course, with warm Saki. We all agreed it was delicious and would go back again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lynn B
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food is authentic and fresh. The service is great, not overbearing! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great value for lunch or dinner.

• Visited August 2012