“Great meal, good value, neat atmostphere”

Rooster's Steak and Chop House
Ranked #8 of 158 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Visalia, California
“Great meal, good value, neat atmostphere”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We went here for dinner after a day of Crater Lake hiking and after a ton of research and debate about just where to get a steak in Klamath Falls. People have such different opinions about steak! The reviews for Rooster's were all over the map, but we decided to try it and very glad we did! The staff is very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is warm, intimate and "cowboy-romantic." We were served a little antipasta platter first and that was a nice little touch and treat. I can only speak to the prime rib because both of us had it- it was very good! If you want steak that has a ton of salts and seasonings on it- go someplace else. If you like to taste the meat on your meat, try this place. It is probably considered very "high-end" in Klamath Falls from other reviews and what some of the residents we asked had to say. When all all was said and done, however, I was pleasantly surprised with the bill when it arrived- I felt it a good value and experience. We will definitely go back the next time visiting the Klamath area!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Rubberdux

Fort Worth, TX
“On the high end price wise for Klamath Falls my Mom say's anyway.”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is the latest iteration of a restaurant at this location. I was home visiting relatives and decided to take the family out to dinner and we ended up eating here. Just a bit of sticker shock for the family when they started to gander the menu. The prices are pretty high for Kfalls, but not out of line for a restaurant attempting to fill a niche on the higher end of the scale. Kfalls has lots of chain restaurants and dinner's/cafe's (breakfast & lunch) so they could use a good Chop House. I live in a large mid-west city and found the prices to be okay. It is just a matter of perspective really. It will be interesting to see if they can make this model work in a frugal conservative small town like this.

Everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was acceptable if not a little pretentious. Trying to hard I think! Mom and her sis had the barbecue chicken which was very tasty. The sauce was excellent. Good dinner salad. The bread served with the meal certainly could be improved upon. I would prefer to see something cooked on site if possible. Something warm and unique would really be nice. I had the pork tenderloins with stir-fry vegetables and a dinner salad with house dressing (tangy lemon something or other). Everything was quite acceptable with the slight exception of the pork. I would prefer the meat to be spiced up a little bit, and I suspect they don't in an attempt to appeal to the broadest clientele. The lemon dressing for the salad was surprisingly very good. Worth a try.

All in all, I would go back again. Uptown Klamath Falls is really looking good. Lots of nice little shops and restaurants (Thai fusion - Sushi bar, etc).

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank gdmyers
Fresno, California
“Excellent Excellent Excellent”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Rooster was a true Oasis!! This would be a 5 star restraunt in a big city, so I would give it 12 stars if I could. Ambiance was fantastic. Something for everybody in a small space. Lovely lounge to wait for you table and we did not have to wait very long. We had a very good server who had good knowelege of dishes. He was also really interested to know our opinion of some of the dishes. Wine list was nice. Beef was perfection! Creme Brulee was truly to die for!!! Roosters is truly one of the BEST restaurants I have ever been to.

• Visited July 2011
Seattle, WA
“Enjoyed it - would go back”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Feels pretty high end in this little town. I travel alone on business so I like a comfortable bar where I can eat by myself. TV in bar (volume down) and comfortable seats.

Had dinner (which included 2 glasses of wine) for $39. Can't beat that. Had the steak tenderloin medallions with mushroom sauce which was very good. Included salad (spring mix with lemon dressing), bread, vegetables (green beans and carrots) and baked potato (5 choices of potatoes). Dinner was $28. Had house pinot ($6) then house cab ($5). Both very drinkable.

Bartender was normal, knowledgable and not hovering since I was the only one at the bar. Would return.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank LP1009
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I had a T bone with a scalloped potato dish. Steak was prepared ok....of was not seasoned prior to hitting the grill. Tasted of dirty grill and gas. Meat was tough...it was advertised as Angus....not so much. 2 of us with no drinks $78.00 Way over priced for what we got. I don't mind spending the money for a good steak....this sadly was not.