“Not worth the price”

Rooster's Steak and Chop House
Ranked #8 of 157 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

I had a T bone with a scalloped potato dish. Steak was prepared ok....of was not seasoned prior to hitting the grill. Tasted of dirty grill and gas. Meat was tough...it was advertised as Angus....not so much. 2 of us with no drinks $78.00 Way over priced for what we got. I don't mind spending the money for a good steak....this sadly was not.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Visted yesterday and going again today, my Wife had steak skewer, I had sirloin with cognac sauce, both were brilliant, the cognac sauce was unusual, but appropriate. The service was good, without beind overbearing. A trifle more expensive than others, but worth it, there are no prices on their web site!
Highly recommended, if you can afford it.

• Visited May 2011
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

I've been doing this for years. A lot of traveling, a lot of eating. My name is David Cole Warren. I give my name, because this is my last blog, as I am moving to Argentina.
Having unsolicitedly given you my background, I'll buckle down and start my review.
First, my wait seemed excessive, in light of the obvious lack of table use. However, I was refreshed by the knowledge and personality of the Bartender on duty. I tested this young man ( who actually turned out to be a lot older, than originally thought), as my drink of choice is very particular. This Man NAILED it! I've been all around this great country, and this man, short of flipping bottles and hosing his clientele with liquor, knew more about alcohol and sports, than any restaurant staff member that I've ever conversed with. I also probably had the best Manhattan I've ever had. I'm 66. That is a lot of Manhattans. Impressed.
Regretting having to move to a table, I was escorted to a really nice two-person table. I was pleased, because I still had a view of the "civil-war," between University of Oregon, and Oregon State University football teams. It was refreshing to see, that even in an upscale atmosphere, the locals were passionate about their teams.
I ordered my dinner in a timely manner. I was disappointed that my server, having worked there almost since opening, didn't know the liquors that they carried, but she did know the wines carried.
My food was excellent. I had a ridiculously good Rib-eye, cooked to medium-rare perfection.
I finished the night back down at the bar, to finish the game. The bartender didn't have the time to chat like before, but it was peak hours, with Christmas parties in play. No harm, no foul.
This place was very unexpected, and a very recommendable establishment.

california
“Great food, server was new & bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

I had a petit filet mignon and my husband had a t-bone w/ lobster. We thought the food was great, but our server was obviously new, as in maybe her first day, and was not very good. She didn't know what beers they had & had to go to the bar to ask, her hair was in her eyes, she was quiet and obviously very nervous. She said she was told that she couldn't bring a new beer without taking the old glass or bottle first, so we were waiting for a new drink rather than just doing the swap out when she brought the new one. The tables around us seemed to have a more experienced servers, so we were just unlucky. I don't feel like she was ready to wait tables on her own yet. We thought the atmospher and decor was pretty nice, white tablecloths, cloth napkins, modern country feel. Despite the service, we will go back.

1 Thank pescas
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Rooster's: The Roulette of Steak Houses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

We have ate at Rooster's 5 times. The first time I had the new york and it was out of this world amazing. The second time I had the tuna and it was so over cooked that it was gray in color and felt like toothpicks in my mouth. The third and fourth time I had the lamb chops and they melted in my mouth.
The fifth and last time we went, we went with another couple and were seated by a very nice and calm staff member.
Our server came out, couldn't stand still, his eyes were darting everywhere and was sweating all over everything. He kept getting all of our orders wrong, which he said was his first day, so we weren't too upset that, but the sweating and the use of what looked like a really good upper was starting to make us nervous. He then proceeded to do chest bumps with the cook in the dinning area and was cussing and jumping all over the furniture.
Everybody's dish was awful but mine, mine wasn't even a dish that was offered on the menu. That's because instead of Shrimp Scampi I was given fried shrimp with a garlic dipping sauce! We have never been back.
I just can't justify spending over $50 for dinner for 2 when you never know what quality of food or service you will get.