“Older, sort of dreary building; few guests; untoward kitchen staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Klamath Falls
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
WA state
“Older, sort of dreary building; few guests; untoward kitchen staff”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Receptionist was courteous, seemed like he might have been a new employee. I aSked for a non-pillowtop bed, but the manager said all Holiday Inn Expresses have only pillowtops. There were very few guests and the lobby was large, drab and empty feeling. We ate at Red's BBQ, which was terrible. Walked to nearby Rite-Aid store to shop. We slept well, had good temp control.
Two problems: Very dim bathroom lighting and a kitchen employee who was loudly telling another guest about her personal problems....pregnant unmarried daughter, which she seemed to brag about, being overworked, etc. It was super disgusting to hear all this. I may have gotten the details of her story wrong, but just know I didn't like what I was hearing. I suggest the manager have a talk with her re leaving her family lore at home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HIXKF S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Klamath Falls, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Hi TravelorWAstate, I first want to extend a thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Klamath Falls for your travel stay needs. I apologize deeply for all the issues experienced while staying with us. We are sorry you feel our hotel had an unfavorable appearance. We were built in 2008 per Holiday Inn Express and Suites requirements. All the new or newly remodeled Holiday Inn Expresses require the same bed descriptions and regulations and one of those being pillow top mattresses. Our lobby has a vaulted ceiling and 15 in-board ceiling lights as well as two wall lights. We do not see many guests in the lobby area as they are usually in their rooms or out doing business. In the business center, off the lobby you will find many guests using that part of our facility.
We take great pride and value every guest that stays with us. I am sorry about the issues you experienced and especially the ones you experienced while you were enjoying our Continental breakfast. The issues discussed do not reflect our individual company values. We hope you will return to the brand and even possibly to us for another try if coming through the area.
I again, deeply apologize for all the issues experienced.
Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We are local Community Members who were looking to take a weekend off and treat each other before the next work week began. We are "local" Members of the Klamath county community, instead of going out of town to spend money, we believe in helping the local/home economy grow; instead of going out of town, to help someone else's economy grow. We were turned away because the front desk person, Tony, said their policy changed a couple of weeks ago. He informed us they did not rent rooms to "Locals." Is this Legal? Has there any been any others turned away?

Room Tip: There are so many other Hotels in the area to choose from, please do not support this type of behavi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Anynomous R
HIXKF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Klamath Falls, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I apolgize for the inconvience. There are several Hotels in the city that do not rent to locals due to the problems that have been caused, and if any do they usually will ask for a great deposit. If they are willing to pay the deposit then we have no problem with renting to locals. There has been great concern and also major damage to our rooms from locals. With that being said we do not discriminate we are just cautious. We take great pride in our hotel and prefer that it isn't used for parties, underage drinking etc., which it usually but not always why the locals rent the rooms. I do invite you back to our hotel with a discounted rate on a room of your choice. And once again I do apoligize.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed January 31, 2012

very nice hotel at good price. Rooms are clean and spacious, free breakfast and friend staff

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sf49yr
Sita P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Klamath Falls, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our clean, spacious rooms along with our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again!

Sita Patel
Rocklin, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Good breakfast!! Very nice staff, nice rooms, I try to stay in a room away from the main road. Great location next to a restaurant.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Ruhk
San Francisco
Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a Priority Club member, for the first time ever I can say I am literally "outraged" by the policy of a member hotel.

Upon arriving with my dog I am told that there is a deposit of $100 required for my dog. Oh, and that this deposit is non-refundable? Say what?!

The hotel claims its a deposit but it's not anything of the sort. It's a PET FEE of $100. This hotel is listed as pet friendly and that's a crock.

The manager refused to accommodate me, a regular Holiday Inn customer. I immediately cancelled my reservation on the spot and went to a nice local establishment which charged me a reasonable $16 pet fee.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank nextmike
I do apologize for the inconvience it may have caused you to travel with your pet when picking our location. I do want to make it clear that our pet policy is a $100 pet non-refundable cleaning fee and a $100 refundable deposit. All hotels are different when it comes to the pet policy. Our rooms are completely deep cleaned (carpet shampooed, all linens stripped, walls washed) after a pet has been in the room due to alot of people with allergies, that's what the cleaning fee is for to make our rooms as if no pet has ever been in one. Once again I do apologize and hope you will re-consider our clean hotel once again
California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The room was nice enough, but the walls were super thin. Fighting broke out in the wee hours of the morning, in the room next to mine, and I could hear everything going on. This was not condusive to a good nights sleep.

The room was not clean--there was still a half used bar of soap in the shower from the previous guest...

If this hotel was priced around $79, I would not complain. But for $139, never again.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank AmareLaVita
Sita P, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Klamath Falls, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to hear that you did not have a nice stay with us! First I want to apologize for the poor night’s sleep that you experienced.Second I want to let you know that I have informed the housekeeping staff about this issue and I can assure you that each one of your comments has been addressed. We do not usually experience such problems at our hotel. If you ever find yourself back in Klamath Falls we would like the opportunity to show you that you can have a great stay with us!

Sita Patel
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The room was very large, most important "quiet" and clam at night, things were very clean. All-in-all, a good stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family