“Good beer, but no food”

Klamath Basin Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 161 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Klamath Basin Brewing Company's Brewpub is housed in the iconic 1935 Crater Lake Creamery building, located in in downtown Klamath Falls. Our goal is to provide customers with a casual atmosphere to enjoy our award winning beers and meals.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were in town last weekend with a very large group (28 people). We had a reservation, and our table was ready when we arrived on time. Water and beers arrived promptly and we ordered shortly after. The beer was great. However, after sitting for almost two hours with no food (not even bread), we went to investigate. The restaurant was clearly overwhelmed. The manager was unapologetic and the waitress was stressed to tears. In the end, we had to cancel our order and look elsewhere for food at 9:30pm in Klamath Falls. Fortunately, there were other restaurants nearby that were more than willing to take our money and serve us promptly and graciously. If you like beer, come to Klamath Basin Brewing. If you want to eat, go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch on a trip between Chico and Bend. We wanted to try the fried oysters, chicken gizzards and a salad, as well as the micro brews. Both the oysters and the gizzards were over-breaded, greasy and too well done. The salad and the beer was OK. When I paid, the female bartender said "Thank you" and kept the change rather let me decide on the tip. I should have said something, but didn't want a scene. A lesson learned.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We weren't sure this would be open on Monday, but this was our 13th brewery in a 5 day brew-tasting trip & we were looking for lunch. My husband the home-brewer & beer judge had never tasted any beers from this brewery, so ... Surprise! Most were as good or comparable to Deschutes Brewery products - the sampler of 8 beers cost $10 with recommendations matching them to certain menu items. My husband's order of beef-ribs was meaty with a great sauce; my spinach salad with cranberries, wallets & bleucheese was yummy. We asked what time Closing was - thinking of going back for dinner! Oh, and a 22oz takeout bottle of Blond Ale was $4 only.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was not sure if I should check this place out. I'm glad we did! Our experience was vey good. The Buttcrack Brown Ale was very good. Our food was done exactly as we wanted it. Our server, Donald S., was very pleasant and attentive. He went out of his way to make sure that my wife's nachos were done exactly the way she wanted them. Donald was not only our server, he was the bartender. We will certainly be back the next time we are in Klamath Falls.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Very good microbrews, made on premises. Standard pub fare, with an attempt in 2011 to lighten it up, which helped. We generally have the burgers.