“Excellent tom ka soup!!”
Review of Thai Orchid Cafe

Thai Orchid Cafe
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We were very surprised! One of the best Tom ka soups we have ever ate. Very quick service! Worth visiting!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My daughter and I are regularly treated to Thai Orchid by my mom when we visit KF. The food is wonderful, and the staff treats its customers like family. We are from Portland and are used to Thai food, as PDX has about 1,000 Thai restaurants ranging from great to dismal. What a pleasant surprise to find one of the best Thai gems tucked away in the mountains.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This food is great! I had never had Thai before, but my boyfriend likes to try different places and this has been a favorite of ours for some time now.

Besides being nicely spiced, the food is nice and hot! There is not a long wait time before your order arrives and it's always very well prepared and tasty. Extremely filling as well.

This is a small, family owned business and they are friendly and comfortable with all the customers, it definitely gives you the family feel. We just took my daughter there (her first time) for her 18th birthday, and she truly enjoyed the food.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Good Thai food. I've been there twice and had both the green curry and the red. I prefer the green. The red curry was a bit salty. But still good spicy Thai food. I ate in the first time and service was good. Second time I took out and glad I did. It was very crowded and I could see many people getting frustrated with the slow service. And the serving staff seemed to be losing their cool a bit. I can see how some reviewers express concern with the service. It is obviously a family run business, which I love to support, but there may need to be consideration for hiring staff that isn't family to cover busy days and times. Otherwise, I fear business could suffer for this place which really provides very good food.

Laty X, Owner at Thai Orchid Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Hello!!

Thank you for giving both of our green and red curry a try! I'am glad you were able to come in for both dine and take-out.

We take pride in being a family ran business - my Mother is the cook and I run the front of the house. In responds to your "consideration for hiring staff that isn't family to cover busy days and times" statement - besides my mother, father and myself all of our staff are hired staff thats not family related. We always try our best when its slow or busy. I'am sorry if whom ever was working the front and seem to be "off" or "losing my cool" - most likely it was me.

However, being in business here in Klamath Falls we never know what days can be busy or slow. We just really appreciate everyday of business - therefore, its hard for us to keep a steady staff calendar for typical "busy" or "not busy" days. You can come in a "busy Friday night" but it's not busy but come in a "slow Monday night - our establishment can be packed..." But I do appreciate your concern. I hope that it will not stray you away from giving us another try again if you are back in Klamath Falls. Thank you very much for your review.

-Laty

Reviewed November 24, 2012

the service was great but the food was pretty bland and we had to pay extra for rice. Seriously, pay extra for rice?

1  Thank ambyk10
Laty X, Owner at Thai Orchid Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Hello!

Thank you for giving our business a try.

I'am sorry you felt that the food was "bland" ; however, everything is made to order. If you ever want to come back and give us a try - just let us know the food is "bland" and my Mother (whom is the cook) will be more than happy to make you a new order. And in responds to the "paying for rice" - during our dinner portion we serve our orders as "A La Cart" family style - therefore, you get more of the food and rice is on the side (served as family style). During lunch you get half the portion and a scoop of rice with it.

Thank you again and make sure to let us know how we can better serve you while you are dinning with us.

-Laty