“Pleasant”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Bend, Or and beyond
“Pleasant”
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My son and I had a very nice stay for one evening last weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and spacious and there were a few other options for food (mostly 'fast') very close to the property. Our stay was fairly brief so we did not get a chance to try out the indoor pool....maybe next time.

The continental breakfast was fairly diverse and better than most but I wouldn't call it fancy by any means. Waffles, fruit, muffins, juices, bagels, etc....

I recommend asking for a room on the 4th floor (the top floor) facing West.

• Liked — Clean, large rooms
  • Disliked — Needs better food nearby
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Thai first
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed May 23, 2008

For "K" Falls the Shilo was fine. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The next morning we were craving omelets so we headed for the restaurant next door. The service was very s-l-o-w but the food was good. I recommend that you choose the breakfast buffet if you are in a hurry to get back on the road. It looked pretty good but I didn't see it when we walked in.
Thanks for your time.

• Liked — High Speed Internet
  • Disliked — Slow service at the restaurant next door.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Klamath Falls, OR
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Just recently I had my wedding reception here and it was simply AMAZING. The room was beautifully set up and just the way we wanted it. The staff serving was so helpful and in a quick manor. We had a sit down dinner for 250 people and the service and meal went so smoothly and quick, I was beyond impressed. Kaci, my planner was SO helpful. She made everything so simle and easy while I was in such a frenzy trying to get my ceremony all done. She made every one of our requests a reality. I would go back to her for any catering needs...They helped make my wedding day PERFECT!

• Liked — Kaci
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Kildare Ireland
Reviewed September 1, 2007

This was the first time we stayed in this hotel and we chose the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed.

The hotel is suberbly located allowing easy access to the freeways heading north. Its adjacent to an Applebees which was a plus as the restaurant was so so despite getting a few dollar off.

Reception service was excellent and they were able to direct me to a Jiffy lube to get the oil in the car replaced with friendly faces.

The rooms were very comfortable although the corridors themselves were a liitle dark for my liking.

A very nice hotel.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing really to dislike
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
California
Reviewed September 2, 2006

In general, up to Shilo Inn standards. Large suites. West-facing rooms have partial view of Lake Klamath in the distance. We had two rooms; the first one was totally fine; the second one had some slight problem with the A/C but was still comfortable. What sets this property apart from most other lodgings in Klamath Falls is that this property is at the edge of town in a quieter neighborhood near the Oregon Institute of Technology, whereas most other lodgings are clustered around the older, commercial main strip.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank bc399
orangevale, ca
Reviewed August 10, 2006

My husband wanted to see Crater Lake this summer, and I didn't want to camp, so I started doing research for a nice hotel to stay in. The reviews I read on Tripadvisor lead me to believe that the Shilo Inn in Klamath Falls was a great hotel. The first night in Klamath Falls, we ate dinner at the hotel resturant. After waiting 15 minutes for our meal, the waitress tells my son that the cook just realized that they were out of turkey meat for the club sandwich. He chose something else on the menu, and then ended up eating my daughters spaghetti, because it was to spicy for her to eat. (This was ordered off the childrens menu).They did not charge us for the hamburger that my daughter ended up eating. On the second and third days, after being out of the room all day, we returned to the hotel and our room smelled of mildew. There was black mildew in the shower/tub caulking and some mildew in the tile grout. The hotel was booked so we could not change rooms. The beds were comfortable, and the rest of the facilities seemed fine, but for the cost, I would have prefered a cleaner room.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

I recently traveled on business to Klamath Falls, Oregon this past week. My company had made reservations at one of the other hotels in town. I was extremely disappointed upon my arrival and I knew there was a Shilo Inns in town and I have stayed at many of the other Shilo Inns before so I knew they would have the comfortable accommodations that I was looking for. So I immediately checked out of the hotel and went up to Shilo hoping they would still have some rooms available, they did and took excellent care of me right away. From now on when I travel on business I will always tell my employer to make my reservations at Shilo Inns.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business