“Really needs a general manager”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good location for overnight spot and great potential.

Lovely staff but very poor organisation and management.

Waitresses making trips to and from the kitchen without taking anything from any table, near empty restaurant but rushing around showing complete lack of any organisation or training - so sad to watch when willing staff are not given any direction.

Nice quick breakfast idea if offer was better.

Rooms are fine but everything could have been so much better with just some overall management.

Room Tip: Add a good manager and could be great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear roninspector,

Thank you for your comments. I have been the General Manager at this lovely hotel for over 8 years. I’m not sure if you are speaking of the hotel staff or restaurant staff, but either way I’m surprised to hear that our staff seemed in need of supervision. Our current staff, most of which have been here for quite some time, are usually right on it in all that we do. I will take a good look around and address any areas that are in need of extra attention. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Klamath Falls.

Sandi Collins

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The bar closes @ 10 pm every night?! So much for fun on the weekend stay. The restaurant has one good waitress the other which we had was a dunce. Only one bartender who disappears who when ever it is busy. No music. On the hotel side, no extra pillow in the room no note pad to leave the staff a message, no extra coffee so good luck for the second cup. On Sunday a tour group came in on Saturday night so there was nothing left at the breakfast bar after 8 am. Asked the staff about maybe bringing out more and got the old why it closes at 9:30? Really. I will never stay here again over priced, no service, all the staff seems brain dead except a few who are the underlings and have no say. I will be sending a letter to management as well as ownership about how poor this place seems to be. They actually have actual keys at this place no key cards. LOL welcome back to the 70's.

• Stayed: May 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear jspeanut,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we appreciate it. It sounds like we missed on every avenue with you, I’m so sorry. I will be discussing all of these issues with our Chef and staff as this is not how we treat our guests. I will also find out why there was no note pad and coffee in your room, as these are standard amenities for all of our guests. We would sure like another opportunity to show you the real Shilo experience if you are ever in Klamath Falls again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We drove from Tonapah,NV to Klamath Falls Or and arrived in light snow with in full exhaustion. The Shiloh Suites had a steam room and hot tub that soothed our aching bones, behinds and backs. We didn't use the indoor pool but other guests were enjoying it. The room was clean and the breakfast delicious. We will stop here again. The price was barely over $100/night. We skipped the Holiday Inn because they wanted $124. We easily made it to the Portland-Vancouver area the next day through Bend OR and over the Mt Hood Loop---beautiful scenery and much better than taking the I-5 freeway.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear azsonnie,

Thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate them. I’m so glad you had a relaxing time after your long day of travels. It sounds like we have made a new friend and that’s what we strive for! Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Klamath Falls.

Sandi C.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had to check in because then roads were closed due to snow. Had no problems, got a room right away. Clean, everything working order, great dinner in the retaurant. Morning was pleasant in their free breakfast area. I would recommend this as a great place to stay. I am a local person, but I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LadyPackard
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was treated for my birthday and we stayed awhile. But on my birthday I was treated so rude by a staff member it ruined the whole experience, the front desk person liz treated us like we were dumb. She did not listen to our concerns, she kept cuttung us off in conversation. Customer service was not a concern for her towards my husband and I. Otherwise the Staff members at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Room Service was perfect. This hotel is very clean. We enjoyed the spa and pool. The excercise room was a plus. Thank you.

Room Tip: The fourth is the best, nobody above you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Carla S.,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay with us, I appreciate it! I would like to apologize to you as you did not receive the friendliness from our staff that we pride ourselves on, I am so sorry. I will be using this review as a training tool, so our staff understands how they come across to our guests, which is completely unacceptable in this situation. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel and the amenities that we offer. I’m sure if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls, you will have a different and a memorable (in a good way) experience from the front desk staff. Also, Happy Belated Birthday!

Sandi C.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this deluxe Shilo and loved our king suite with the view of the lake (west side of hotel). This hotel has many amenities: larger rooms with two TV sets, sitting area, kitchen area, and larger bathroom than you find in the average hotel or motel. We had plenty of room to spread out. The hotel has an indoor hot tub and pool, a computer for guests to use, a restaurant (just okay) and a breakfast lounge for your free breakfast. I liked the fact that we had real keys to open our room door, not a plastic keycard. There were plenty of towels, glass tumblers for water, toiletries, and a hair dryer and more, which made our stay a pleasure. It's in the details when you are traveling. This is one of Shilo's best properties and is an excellent value for families, business travelers, couples, or groups. The restaurant was a disappointment. We expected The Mark with the online menu linked to this hotel. It is just a plain cafe with basic menu. Do not expect any gourmet choices. The wine is good and the service is good and that's the best I can say about it. We liked the convenient location close to downtown and close to Hwy 97.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a lake view. The restaurant is not like the one linked to this hotel. It...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Writergal49,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about your stay with us, we appreciate it! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and noticed all of the amenities that we offer. We get tons of comments about our ‘real keys’, I think people get a real kick out of them! We try our very best to make sure everyone enjoys their visit with us, and I’m glad we succeed with you! We sure hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Southern Oregon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed At this hotel, very nice and clean good stop it had a good location and a restaurant friendly staff I'm not going to do this anymore if u need 200 charectors I'm not interested I'm not going to write a book

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Slane22:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for writing such nice things, we appreciate it. We sure hope to see you again if you travel to Klamath Falls!