“Great Rooms, Decent Hotel”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Huge rooms and decent rates. Room had separate living area with a small dividing wall between the room and living area. TV in room and living area, also a basic kitchen, microwave etc. Air con was quite noisy though so sleep was a bit difficult.

Breakfast was a shambles they crammed it into a very very small area which was never going to hold enough people. Suspect this was method of avoiding using the main restaurant area for some reason. Cant see any other point to jam breakfast into such a miniscule area. There were a few disgruntled people. Breakfast food itself though was satisfactory.

Staff friendly, decent sports bar. Restaurant food was a bit ordinary but did the job. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear BWPerth,

Thank you for taking the time to let s know about your recent stay with us, we appreciate it! We are in the process of replacing our TV’s with new 32” flat screen, which we have in over half of our rooms, I’m sorry that you did not get to enjoy one. We are glad to hear that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Klamath Falls. We will be happy to do our best to get you in a room with some upgrades!

Sandi
Klamath Falls

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Shilo Suites Hotel in Klamath Falls Or. The hotel was great for 3 nights, I shuttled us from Amtrak Station even though our train was over 5 hours delayed and it was 3 am in the morning and they were there within 10 minutes. The return shuttle was just as prompt. The rooms were clean and being a modified suite has sitting area with refrigerator and microwave. There was a newspaper each day including the weekends in the loby. A free continental breakfast each day with boiled eggs, breakfast meat, rolls, juice and coffee. The negative was that the attached restaurant did not serve breakfast for lunch. Not having transportation your choices was limited for lunch. The convention had contracted lunches for specific groups the were expensive and not available to people outside of the group. The only restaurants within walking distance were Burger King or McDonalds. If you don't like fast food you were stuck. I would stay in the Hotel but not eat there. The hotel and the restaurant are under different management.

Room Tip: Have an vehicle to dine elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Ray425,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your visit with us, thank you! Knowing that the trains have a tendency to run late, we offer our shuttle 24 hours a day, to accommodate all of our guests. I have passed on your concerns in regards to the restaurant hours to our restaurant division. Our goal is to give all of our guests what they need to make their time with us enjoyable. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Klamath Falls.

Sandi C.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel was like stepping into a time warp to the 80s.

The front desk was friendly enough, but when he handed me an actual, physical key I thought he was joking. Nope. So off I trudged with luggage in tow to the elevator to wait . . . and wait . . . . and wait. I don't normally complain about slow elevators, but this was quite possibly the slowest elevator in all of creation. And there were only four floors.

Off to the room. Open the door, drag my luggage in, and smell the old building smell. The wallpaper is outdated, the fixtures are outdated, the carpet was a different color in high traffic areas (boy I hope it was just worn and not filthy.....hard to tell), and the counter tops looked like they are original to the hotel. If this place has been updated recently then they really need to find a new interior decorator.

But on a positive note, the room was large, the AC worked well - if loudly - and it was not obviously dirty. Just old. Beds were a little firm but clean with crisp white sheets. Pillows were horrible.

Not wanting to drive to a restaurant, I figured I'd just eat in the dining room at the Shilo. I can't state this emphatically enough: DON'T EAT THERE. The food was decent, certainly not fantastic. My steak was overcooked, baked potato not entirely warm. But the worst was the service. There were never more than five tables in the restaurant at any given time, but it still took more than an hour to get my food, and another 30-45 minutes to get a check when I was done. The table behind me complained after his meal that he never got the toppings for his potato (it took forever to get mine, but at least I got them) and he never got the requested steak knife - he had to cut his steak with a pocket knife. I had to saw through mine with a butter knife, not without effort, because the waitress never came around for me to request a steak knife from. In fact, the waitress was nowhere to be seen 90% of the time. The waitress claimed that they were short staffed, but the restaurant was nearly empty. One waitress should be able to handle five tables. There is no excuse for service that bad.

I did not take advantage of the fitness or pool facilities and I didn't bother with breakfast so I cannot speak to those amenities. The vending machine stole my money.

In summary, I doubt I will stay there again in the future and I most definitely will NOT eat in their restaurant again. I will either drive somewhere else or walk to Burger King. Or go hungry.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear BanderLisa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you recent stay with us, we appreciate it and we also learn from it. We get so many comments of our use of ‘real keys’, our guests really enjoy them, I am sorry if it was an inconvenience. I have discussed your concerns with our interior design team and also have passed your comments about your dining experience along to our Chef. We will be following up with the entire Restaurant staff and will share your comments with them as well. We hope you consider us the next time you are in Klamath Falls.

Sandi C

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was in town for the Cycle Oregon 2012 tour, and was not feeling well, so I looked for a nearby hotel to stay in rather than sleep in a tent. I called the Shilo Inn, and they quoted me a very modest rate. This made me a little worried that it might be a little down-scale or run down, but I took it anyway. It is located north of town, by the Medical Center and Oregon Institute of Technology.

Wow, was I blown away when I arrived. The place is a meeting/convention center that positively sparkles. My room had both the traditional bedroom area and a separate kitchenette/sitting area with a second TV. Everything had a new feel to it, and it looked like they spent some money on the rooms--carpet, bed, TVs, fixtures, etc. all seemed very good quality. Bathroom was great with a full tub and multi-function shower head (and lots of towels, something I others have complained about). Frankly, it was better than the Sheraton I stayed in near Portland the following night, and literally half the price.

If I had to pick on something, I'd say it's availability to quality food. They do serve food in the bar and restaurant, but IMHO it needs a bit of work on flavor--for example, the appetizers seemed like they were frozen institutional items rather than freshly made. The nearby alternatives are Applebees and below, with McDonalds being the nearest one. But most of you will have cars with you, and can drive to a range of more distant alternatives, so I won't ding the place for that. Also, the breakfast bar seemed to use higher quality food than the type I'm used to at mid-level motor inns like this, so another plus for Shilo.

If I'm back in K Falls anytime soon, you can bet this will be my first choice in lodging. I can recommend it confidently to you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear BeakerSan,

What wonderful things you have to say about our lovely hotel, we appreciate them so much! We are so glad you chose to stay with us and you were able to experience the Shilo friendliness and cleanliness we pride ourselves on. Its so nice to hear from guests who are staying with us for the first time, we can learn so much from your review. Not only did you enjoy our hotel, but I’m sure you enjoyed all of the amazing sites we have to offer in our little corner of the world. We look forward to your next visit!

Sandi
Klamath Falls

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was great, I felt safe and at home. Clean large rooms, friendly staff, great location. Free morning paper. The disappointing thing was the small amount if towels they provide, just seems that's one place you shouldn't skimp on. The property was landscaped very well. It's a gat hotel in a wonderful town. I recommend that all my friends go here now.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gillan H
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Gillian H,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Suites for your lodging needs while you were in Klamath Falls, we appreciate your business. We are so glad you enjoyed all that we have to offer. We take pride in our friendliness and cleanliness and it’s nice to see you noticed! I will discuss the towel shortage with the housekeeping staff, as we want to make sure you have all you need when you visit us. We look forward to your next visit!

Sandi Collins

Reviewed September 15, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very nice hotel. Not really upscale but very practical. Large rooms, fantastic pool one can actually swim in, good exercise facility, very decent breakfast. Some niceties are missing, the TV's are older and not flat screen; there is no fresh water in the exercise room,etc. But that did not bother me. The rooms are spacious, the hotel is quiet, there is a bar and a restaurant, etc. All very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank E
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Frank E.

Thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate them. We are so glad you enjoyed the pool, exercise room, breakfast and our spacious rooms. We are in the process of installing new 32” flat screen TV’s in all of our rooms and hope to have that completed soon. We look forward to your next visit and we appreciate your business!

Sandi C