“Really Pet Friendly and a comfortableplace to stay”

Cimarron Inn Klamath Falls
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here on a road trip down 97, traveling with 2 small dogs. Very convenient location. Wonderful friendly front desk staff. And really and truly pet friendly! They even gave me a collapsible water bowl and some treats for the dogs and free water bottles for us when I checked in. They have dog-walking areas that have poop bag dispensers. The room was clean and quiet and comfortable. They have a surprise quest-of-the-day program, which happened to be me, so I got extra goodies. I never win anything, so of course, I liked that program, and think it is a good idea. The complimentary breakfast is fine. There is a pool which I did not use, so I can't comment on that. I would definitely stay there again the next time I am driving through Klamath Falls.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Catherine B

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My niece and I stayed here on a recent road trip to Lake Tahoe. Every person we encountered was very nice and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. The rooms are big and clean. Their soap and shampoo products smell great, too.

If I'm ever in the area I will definitely stay here again - and you should too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank seawasauns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was in Klamath Falls for 3 nights with 3 friends recently and stayed at the Cimarron Inn. We were pleasantly overwhelmed by the customer service, from guest check in, to friendly cleaning staff, to wait staff in the breakfast area. The room was clean, bed very comfortable, amenities everything they say they are and then some. Frig (a "larger" version of a small frig) and micro in the room. Flat screen television with more channels than I have at home.

The continental breakfast is VERY nice. From piping hot waffles to scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. Yogurt, fruit and cereal are also offered along with several juice options and coffee and several tea choices.

We used their business center, where we had everything we need to conduct the business we were there for.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area, from individual on business to family traveling. While it's not "romantic", it's quite suitable for traveling couples as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank laurie w
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had an unfortunate experience taking the train from Seattle, WA to San Jose, CA. The trip lasts 24 hours, but about 8 hours into the ride I developed an intense migraine. It continued to worsen until I had additional symptoms of nausea and vertigo as well as mild hallucinations. I knew I had to get off the train at the next stop which happened to be Klamath Falls, OR. I had no idea where I would stay the night or how I would get there. It just so happened that a very kind Amtrak staff member let me know that the staff were headed to the Cimarron Inn and they had a van already waiting. He even called ahead to let the desk know there would be another person checking in.

I retrieved my luggage and hoped into the van. It wasn't that far to the hotel from the train, but I would have never found it on my own. I tipped the driver and went into the lobby to check in. The fresh air certainly was helping, but my head was still throbbing beyond belief and it was hard to focus or think clearly. A friendly front desk staff greeted me and got me all checked in ... they even made sure that I got the best deal on the room! I offered them my AAA card for a discount, but they happened to have a seasonal special that brought the rate even lower than the usual discount so she hooked me up with that. It ended up being $50/night. (The even have a "late checkout" rate available for those needing a checkout at 4 instead of noon.) The hotel van driver drove me to my room in building 2 which was a decent distance considering the ground was icy from the weather. (I did notice the hotel salts frequently walked areas nicely for visitor safety.) He carried my bags to my room up on the second floor which was very kind because I was busy holding my aching head!

Although the hotel was not too full, and the weather was so cold, each room seems to be kept at a reasonable warmth to welcome new check ins. The room was spacious and had a very very comfortable king bed. (It was a sort of firm mattress support with a plush pillow top feel.) There was a microwave and mini-fridge, coffee maker with complementary coffee on the large sink area, and the bathroom was impeccably clean (which was very important to me in my current state since I was bound to have to sit on the floor for a bit during the night to come feeling noxious).

The next morning I was still not feeling quite well, but amazingly better than the night before. I got dressed and headed over to the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast room was very cozy and decorated for the holidays. They had hot biscuits and gravy, fresh made waffles, toast, bagels, English muffins, various other muffins, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I made myself a bowl of hot oatmeal and also filled a bowl up with dry cereal. I grabbed a cup of tea as well. I swung by the front office for one of their complimentary local newspapers and then headed back to my room. (It turns out they had quite a selection of hot teas and coffee in the lobby at all hours as well though I hadn't noticed the night before.)

Although my vacation to CA had been ruined by my unexpected health issues... the Cimarron was so comforting and welcoming that I actually felt like I was on vacation... even while I wasn't feeling my best. My husband met me at the hotel (he's a sweetheart and drove from Seattle to rescue me back home!). We decided to book the room another night and he concurred the bed was super comfy (which is amazing for us to agree on the comfort of a mattress). The last morning we grabbed one more complimentary paper and some breakfast at the hotel and then hit the road home.

Although it was an unexpected stop and we didn't have a reason to be in Klamath Falls... we would certainly want to stay at the Cimarron Inn again should we ever find ourselves in Klamath Falls overnight in the future.

Thanks to the whole staff for making my stay the best part of my trip!

(I did not rate room service because I hung a sign so I could continue to rest and recover and did not have room service visit, but as I said the room was amazingly clean so I'm sure their room service is excellent as well. I appreciated they did not even knock and I was able to sleep more in the afternoon. I did notice they are a "green" hotel and have a little room sign that they will change certain linens on the third day of a stay. If requested they will of course change them sooner. They had refillable soaps and shampoos built into the shower as well with a "green" company to minimize waist/trash. They do have a complimentary lotion that can be kept should visitors want one. The rooms also have recycling bins separate from trash bins.)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Anne P
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Clean and big rooms, good breakfast in a roomy space, in other words a very comfortable and convenient hotel found in our way to Crater Lake. The hotel is located in a main road where it's easy to find a Restaurant (we went to Sizzler that it's very close). If back in the area we'll stay here for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank CarloLivorno
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for a short business trip and I was very pleased. I took my wife and our dog this time. There was a $25 pet fee and they included a water bowl and bottled water. We only had one small complaint, but we were impressed with how eager they were to fix the problem. Next time I go to Klamath Falls I will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: There is a newer and an older building. We stayed in the older building and it was just fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Timothy_S176
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Mom and I were met by a very nice desk person. Enjoyed some chili/cheese/crackers, hot cookies and tea. That was nice as we were tired and did not really want to go out somewhere for dinner.Breakfast was also a nice hot meal and I love the coffee they have in the rooms! Nice clean/large rooms. Good beds and bedding. Everything was great. Staff at the hotel must take happy juice as they all were so nice and friendly! We now have this on top of our list for stays in Klamath Falls! The place backs up to a park and pathway, so "if" we had wanted to get out and walk in the morning, we had a great place to do it.

Room Tip: We liked being downstairs with the car right out front of the room. Easy access.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family