“Nice Hotel and great customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in King City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Nice Hotel and great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my mom who was ill and seeing a doctor nearby. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was really nice and really helpful. The hotel was very clean, the waterfall at the entrance very peaceful and the rooms were clean. I was not as impressed with the rooms as I have been with other hotels. We were on the third floor and while this hotel appears to be a newer hotel, the floor squeeked in certain areas and I'm sure it could be heard downstairs, the walls were pretty thin and our room was just across from the ice and coke machine. The street noise was a little loud but not unbearable. My biggest complaint would be the layout of this room. As you walk in the room the bathroom sink/vanity area is on the left (in the open part of the room) and the rest of the bathroom (toilet and shower) is on the right behind a door. This is very difficult if you want some privacy in the bathroom or don't want to wake someone in the room while standing at the vanity/sink. Whoever is in the room will not be sleeping while you have the light on taking off your make up and brushing your teeth 10 ft. from the bed. While the hotel was nice, clean and had a friendly staff, the layout of the bathroom and the hard beds are reasons why I would probably not stay at this hotel again. That being said, the customer service is great here. On the first night, my mom had an upset stomach from her medication. It was late but I went downstairs and asked the gentleman behind the desk (Mark or Greg, I cannot remember but he was the manager) if they had any packaged oatmeal left from breakfast that morning that I could make up for my mom. He didn't even hesitate when I asked, he went straight into the locked kitchen and got a package of oatmeal. Customer service is great here from check in to check out.

Room Tip: Be prepared to share your bathroom experience with everyone in the room. Confirm you are away from t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Patti T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed one night and loved this hotel. It is clean, modern and extremely quiet! The breakfast was delicious with a different hot item offered each day. Friday was scrambled eggs and bacon. The staff was very helpful. We had difficulty with the internet but she quickly got it working again. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank ElisabethAnn
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Booked two rooms with two queen beds and a sofa. Sofa is not a pull out bed. Two families travelling with 2 kids each ages 7 and 5. Stayed 5 nights.

Nice and clean. Noise from the road is not bad at night. Get the back side if you can. Pool is open til 10:00pm so it was nice to come back from shopping and let the kids go crazy.

Breakfast had some hot food like biscuits and sausage gravy, omlettes but if your not there at the right time, your out of luck. They did not replenish it very quickly. Cereal, danishes, bagels where alway available.

Very convient to Washington Square Mall, Bridgeport Village, Costco and a 1/2 drive to Woodburn Outlet and 1/2 drive to city centre of Portland.

Lots of places to eat close by and 3 grocery stores close by like Safeway, Albertson and if your looking for asian groceries there is a H Mart. Inside the H Mart is 3 asian take out which is very authentic. The thai at the grocery store was fantastic and cheap.

Staff was very friendly and accomodated our two familes with a joining door between each room. WiFi was very good and fast. I have alot of gadets so there was plenty of plugs to use in the room.

We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I used hotels.com to book this room and it's cheaper than booking with Best Western
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LookylooVancouver
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I absolutely love this hotel. Great people. Great service. Peaceful setting. There is a balance between staying in nice and tranquil hotel and still catch up the hustle-bustle of the city. You can find everything in near vicinity - market, mall, food,etc. But most importantly, I had a nice sleep. I completely enjoyed my stay and would do every single time I visit Portland. Portland is not that far.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
California Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We give accolades to the manager, Mr. Prashant, for bringing this hotel "back". We stayed here in 2010 and did not care for this hotel except for the breakfast. Now, it has been refurbished and is clean and organized. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is better than a typical breakfast buffet. We come to this area once a month and plan to stay here again. It's a nice 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street side and ask for the top floor, of course.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
richmond, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

This is a very good hotel. I have nothing to complain about. Staff was pleasant, everything was clean, breakfast good, price was good, good location, beds were very comfortable. I have to say I have nothing to complain about.
The ONLY minor complaint would be narrow winding entrance to the parking lot, but that's really just a minor annoyance than a real complaint.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had the misfortune of booking this hotel on hotwire for a three night stay. After a 13 hour drive, we arrived at the hotel exhausted and ready for our room. We were told that the hotel was completely booked and the only room available was a smoking room. We walked into the room and the smoke was unbearable. There was no way we could sleep in that room for one night, let alone three.

We went back to the front desk and asked them for a different room. We were told again that it was the ONLY available room and there was nothing they could do.

We left and checked expedia online for a different option. We saw a non smoking room at the Best Western Northwind for that very night. I called the hotel again and asked them if they would let us have a non smoking room. The lady at the front desk told me we could if I booked on expedia and double paid for a room. She was the same person who had just told us that there were no other available room. Ridiculous.

The lady at the front desk was completely unhelpful and didn't seem to care that we couldn't stay in the smoking room and wouldn't be able to get a refund.

My husband and I understand there aren't guarantees when you book on Hotwire, but this hotel is completely unwilling to work with you even if they have the ability to solve the problem.

We ultimately ended up staying at the Phoenix Inn in Lake Oswego and were treated with respect and had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scarletknd
NorthwindInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Regret this delay in responding to your concerns with the Hotwire booking. I must assure you of our excellent services, however there are some restrictions on sites such as the Hotwire where the room type is not guranteed especially during the summer months where the hotel has very diminished inventory to make changes upon arrival of the guest despite every intent to help.

We are always willing to make accomodations in every respect to provide the utmost guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King City
BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#58 of 138 in Portland

Been to Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!