All reviews renaissance inn salem area waffles sleeping area sized room housekeeping staff pool and hot tub breakfast was included refrigerator and microwave comfy bed vince cereal drawers crib convenience
Reviewed August 10, 2018

We booked this for a convention and could not believe how run down this place is...the outside grounds are shabby looking, then the big surprise, our "Hot Tub" room, everything as to paint,walls, funiture, carpet were all beat to heck, stained, worn out, you name it, so I go to the window to see the "View" and see the massave A/C unit for the convention center right outside our window, making a loud droning noise all through the room, along with a mountain of cigarette butts and trash and bird droppings on the window...all this for the "discount" rate of $139 per night...so we complain downstairs and the Staff said "we've never had a problem with that room 201 before"....yeah right, looks like they never rented it in the last few years, it's that bad folks....so we ask for another room and guess what, all sold out....so we call "Cassie", the manager / Owner and get a voice mail, so we leave a message about the room, and Presto, a hour later a New room for us, but this time it's a "disability" room, no tub, no bed frame, the box spring and mattress is on the floor and again the walls, paint, funiture are all banged up, same rate of $139, take it or leave it...so be forewarned about this dump, stay at your own risk

Room Tip: Stay eleswhere
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

It's just okay, nothing special. The carpet was dirty, the furniture well used, but we made ourselves comfortable. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. We didn't have breakfast here so can't comment on it.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juanita_v
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I had stayed at this Motel many times in the past for business but not since it had changed over to a Quality Inn; I really wish I had read some of these reviews before I head reserved my room.

Upon arrival it was a very hot day check-in went fine the girl at the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. I went up to my room and the room was very very warm so I attempted to turn on the AC only to find that the control knob just spun but would not turn on the unit, so I went back to the front desk and was promptly moved to a different room. I stayed in room 318 which is a very large room which is nice for business, however, the carpet in the hallway throughout the motel and in my room looks very dirty, dated and in desperate need of replacement. It is so old I couldn't tell if it was just dirty or old. the room smelled like smoke even though the entire hotel is supposed to be non-smoking and there were burn marks on the linoleum of the bathroom floor.

The furniture is very stained and has marks on it and even some holes from where damage has been done by previous guests or where TVs were once attached to the unit. There are two sinks in the unit which is convenient but one of them was missing a stopper which is something I would think the housekeeper would have seen when she cleaned the sink. The hair dryer hanging on the wall appears to work but the wall behind it is so damaged from where a previous dryer hung and had been taken down and replaced. Several walls in the room are damaged with rather big Knicks in the wall that make the room look cheap. The vent in the bathroom is barely hanging on the wall but the bathroom was clean. The wall cover plates for the phone as well as all the plugs are loose and some are seriously broken. The screen on the window was shredded so badly that it looked like it was seriously just strings hanging so I wasn't able to open the window for fresh air because nothing would prevent bugs or flies from coming in.

The bed was comfortable and clean. The AC in this unit worked very well. I got a pretty good night sleep using my earplugs to drown out the noise from the people upstairs and the constant slamming of doors as people entered their rooms from the Halls. The layout of the room is very large and has a sitting area to conduct business but you are only able to watch TV if you are in bed. For an unknown reason there was two refrigerators in my room my guess is the one that is built into the credenza doesn't work even though it was plugged in and running.

There is a breakfast included in the price of the room but I did not use it simply because based on the condition of the rest of the motel I didn't want to take a chance; same with the pool.

It is my opinion that even with the State corporate rate this hotel is very overpriced. I am hoping a serious remodel will come in the future because the location of the motel is ideal to my business.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2018

The place should not have any stars. It looks like it is falling apart. Carpets in room and hallway are terribly dirty. Toilet seat is falling apart. What does it cost to replace a seat. Shower tub is disgusting. Lineup of Tv stations did not correspond to printout of stations given to us on request. Channels 6, 7, 8, 9 we’re unavailable. Both sinks were plugged and only one was fixed. The stopper in one of the sinks was beyond disgusting.Something strange is going on in the back parking lot, people hanging out over night, too many dogs at the hotel. Eggs at breakfast are like plastic. The pool is also falling apart, the tiles under the roof are loose and the air intake is in terrible disrepair, towels are not provided at opening of pool, only dirty ones are lying around when you come in in the morning. The Manager needs to get a handle on how to manage a hotel properly.

Room Tip: Skip the hotel
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

The staff was nice when I checked in. The bed was comfortable but when I got to the shower the next morning I found hair in the shower. It may have been an oversight but it left me feeling uncomfortable the room was not cleaned thoroughly.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Toni B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our Hotel. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire Staff for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your visit. I have shared this feedback with the Housekeeping Management Team to ensure proper cleaning practices are followed.

Best Regards;