Quality Suites
$85
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
$97
$67
Hotwire.com
$113
$99
All reviewsrenaissance innsalem areawafflessleeping areasized roomguest laundryhousekeeping staffsofa bedpool and hot tubbreakfast was includedquiet locationwould definitely stay here againstayed nightscomfortable bedsvincemicrowavedrawers
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We had a wonderful 4-night stay at the Quality Suites located in Keizer, Oregon. We were a little concerned when it had changed from the Renaissance Inn to Quality Suites, but our fears were quickly unfounded. This hotel was quiet, comfortable, and the housekeeping staff could not have been better. We travel with dogs and it's very important to us that the room stays cool, even when we are not using it.

We were thrilled when we returned from the day and found that housekeeping had left the thermostat exactly where we had left it. Too many times at other hotels the air conditioning is shut off when housekeeping leaves the room.

The front office staff was wonderful and did not mind our two big dogs coming in through the lobby. This is a very friendly hotel and even the maintenance manager wanted to make sure our stay is a pleasant one. He apologized for the remodeling taking place on the second floor.

Our room had 2 brand new large flat screen televisions and a new bed. This room was as comfortable as any 4-star hotel we have been in. We had recommended this hotel to some friends of ours that were coming in to visit the dog show. They were just as pleased as we were with the hotel being so quiet. You would not know dogs were in some of the rooms.

We experienced a wonderful stay and we will be staying at the Quality Suites in Keizer rather than anywhere else in Salem.

Room Tip: Only one side has an exit if you like to use the stairs to leave.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When my family visits from out of town this is where they stay. It has easy access to Keizer & Salem & within walking distance of several restaurants. The morning breakfast seems to have a lot of variety with many people enjoying this perk.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit!! It has a pool!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel has undergone some severe remodeling and refurbishing in the past few months. The renaissance themed decor was kept which was a nice touch.
The staff for this hotel are friendly, helpful and open to suggestions. I was quite impressed with how committed the ones I spoke with were to making the Inn their Inn and a quality one. I did note that the housekeeping staff need more training in attention to detail.
Our Pacific Northwest Optimist District held their 3rd quarter meeting here this past weekend and I think it was a great choice.
The breakfast was good. A little light on Gluten Free alternatives, but much better than in some hotels.
I do want to add a little about the catering. I was quite impressed. My husband and I are wheat free and the staff were excellent about seeing that we got the Gluten Free alternative. I also liked the two buffet lines. Great idea. I hate still getting my food while most are done and the meeting is starting.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was very roomy and overlooked the courtyard area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Keizer Renaissance Inn used to be a nice place to stay and a place I recommended to others. It has new owners who have turned it into a Quality Inn and Suites. The hotel is going through remodeling, so I was trying to be more lenient with them. The room was dirty and the air conditioning did not work. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. I called from my phone, but nothing was done. When I went downstairs, there were two female employees on their cell phones. The ice machine on the second floor didn't work, so I was told to get it from a container on the first floor. It was a dingy ice chest of sorts with the scoop inside with the ice. Needless to say, I didn't want contaminated ice. I went to the store to purchase some. The next day held the same issues, so I was moved. The room was smaller, dirty, and had a stained love seat, but a working air conditioner. I talked with Janessa at the front desk. She was as accommodating and helpful as she could be. The only sunny spot of this experience was her. The manager was supposed to call me about my concerns, but had Janessa return my call instead. I don't recommend anyone staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Monique H, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2015

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I've always stayed at this hotel as the Keizer Renaissance Inn, and previously as the Wittenberg Inn. The hotel is now reincarnated as the Quality Suites of Keizer. A nice change it is.

I've traveled to Salem at a minimum quartely for a meeting. Occasionally, employment-related training brings me here, too.

Without going into with what was wrong with the Keizer Renaissance, here is what is now RIGHT with Quality Suites...

Softer towels are very nice!

Two full bars of soap as opposed to a miniature bar.

Real shampoo instead of the pump dispenser in the shower is a plus!

Breakfast is still a plus and here is the top change:

Big flat-screen TVs in the rooms and wonderful new beds!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I slept like a baby all night on the lovely new bed! You will, too!

Once the staff get the new computer system down to second nature, things will be even better. Hopefully the carpet will be changed, too. The lobby is already looking much better.

I've never had anything bad to say about the old hotel, it's always been convenient and the staff was SUPER friendly. I have to admit, though, the re-branding to Quality Suites has been a plus I plan to enjoy quarterly at a minimum!

Room Tip: Depending on the final pricing, ask for an "Executive King" if that is what they are still called.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business