“Excellent Get Away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Junction City
Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast at Fern Ridge
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Get Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our one night stay at Elizabeth's Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast was amazing! What a cute place and just as cute as the photos! Nestled just 25 minutes from the University of Oregon, this was the perfect place to stay for the night before picking up our daughter from school for our drive back home. This is a very clean and quaint place. We would have loved to stay longer and so we plan to return during one of our future visits to the school. Elizabeth is a wonderful down-to-earth host. She made us feel extremely welcome. The breakfast was so good too. The location is perfect if you want to go wine tasting or go and relax at Clear Lake, which is just a stone's throw away. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StephanieL67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Poughquag
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I needed a place to stay for a few nights in the Eugene area. I prefer calm, quiet settings in the country instead of staying in town. When I emailed Elizabeth, the owner, with questions, she was very responsive and accommodating. Upon driving up to the house, she welcomed me warmly. She is a sincere, down-to-earth person that makes you feel comfortable the moment you meet her. She then showed me the spacious and beautiful "Catbird Suite," and gave me a tour of the house, complete with introductions to its feline denizens. There is NOTHING boring or ho-hum about this place! Elizabeth has decorated it wonderfully, adding intriguing items everywhere, ranging from stunningly beautiful, to intellectual, to whimsical. Not to worry, though, this is not one of those places where the creature comforts take a back seat to a veneer of showy grandeur. The bed was super comfortable with real sheets, blanket, comforter, and a pillow that was just perfect. All the room amenities were there, including more toiletry items than anyone could possibly need. Snacks, water, free wifi (that actually works), and a serene country setting with a mountain view...what's not to like? And did I mention the food? Totally awesome! Elizabeth is a skilled, creative chef, serving up a different kind of delicious and plentiful breakfast each day. Elizabeth created this little gem of a B&B and is the core of its super-special-ness. If you're traveling to the Eugene area, do yourself a favor and stay at the Catbird Seat!

Room Tip: If you just want a nice bed and a great breakfast, sleep in the Crow's Nest. If you want to savo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank C P
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

A beautiful and very clean BB. The BB is in a peaceful setting and very well appointed. You get the best breakfast in the area. We would return here any time. We were so lucky to find the CatseatbirdBB.

Room Tip: All rooms have their special charm.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swimjim
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast while attending the Oregon Country Faire. It was the perfect place to retreat to after the long, dusty days of the faire. We enjoyed the beautiful panoramic views surrounding the property, while relaxing on the outside deck. The songs of birds, and the occasional visit from a deer or two made our stay even more delightful. Elizabeth is a charming, gracious hostess with a big heart, who treats her guests like family. We felt cozy and at home and looked forward to her well-crafted, home cooked meals. We highly recommend a stay at the Catbird Seat and look forward to returning one day.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeidraT
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast. Unable to afford a Honeymoon right away after getting married on August 25th we decided to stay there for a couple nights. It was amazing! I several times over have spent twice the money at a hotel on just the room alone. I will now always look for a Bed and Breakfast before a Hotel. I stayed in the Catbird Suite. Right away when you enter the house you feel like you belong there. Unlike a hotel there's not that uncomfortable feeling like this is all business and I hope I didn't waste too much money. Elizabeth welcomes you in the home, gives you a quick tour and lets you settle in. The home is absolutely beautiful. Its hard to describe how you feel when you walk in The Catbird Seat. It's like you are going to your friends house to house sit. Except your friend owns a house that is enriched with history, beautiful furniture and art. The best thing about that is that you don't feel restricted. Forgot Q-tips? Blow-dryer? Need to run a load of laundry? Want to microwave your left over pizza? No problem! The rooms are decorated wonderfully and have everything you need. I always knew that Bed and Breakfast places had Breakfast in the morning hence the name but I wasn't sure how that worked. Elizabeth just asks what time you think you'll be up, we gave her a rough estimate and she told us she'd start coffee around that time. The next day we woke up a little earlier than planned (because we slept so well) and she was up, she started coffee and asked us when we wanted breakfast and then made a huge, delicious breakfast. She had snacks and drinks left out for the day.... again like being at a friends house. The privacy was great the views were great and the price was great. I feel like I could go on and on but I feel like my review is already too long an I don't want people not to read it. If you have never been to a Bed and Breakfast I strongly recommend doing so. I'm so glad I found this place and I will be staying again. The owner is a complete normal and real person who is so nice and charming that when I left I felt like I had made a friend.

Room Tip: The Catbird Suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica L
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying the Catbird suite this weekend in Junction City!
I was on a biking event and the thought of sleeping on the ground in a tent all weekend just did not appeal to me. I was right! The rides were hard and, well, because of the accomodation I was well rested for each day of the ride. Loved the breakfast every morning especially with the Southern touches. Fresh baked biscuits with molasses and peach preserves. Grits! Made correctly of course. The house is restful and quite. Situated in choice cycling area outside of Eugene (but not too far!). Elizabeth is attentive but not overly. I highly recomend this fine establishment!

Room Tip: Catbird suite has a soaking tub, king sized bed and is spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beautiful home and gorgeous setting. Elizabeth is a very accommodating hostess. We are touring by bicycle. With very short notice, she made us feel very welcome & at home. It was the perfect end to our first day of riding...she even offered us Epsom salts to soak away some of the aches! We will recommend this B & B to everyone we encounter. Will also stay there if we are in the area.
Thanks Elizabeth!

Guest House Inn
Guest House Inn
#2 of 2 in Junction City
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield

Been to Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast at Fern Ridge? Share your experiences!