“First Bed and Breakfast?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Junction City
Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast at Fern Ridge
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast. Unable to afford a Honeymoon right away after getting married on August 25th we decided to stay there for a couple nights. It was amazing! I several times over have spent twice the money at a hotel on just the room alone. I will now always look for a Bed and Breakfast before a Hotel. I stayed in the Catbird Suite. Right away when you enter the house you feel like you belong there. Unlike a hotel there's not that uncomfortable feeling like this is all business and I hope I didn't waste too much money. Elizabeth welcomes you in the home, gives you a quick tour and lets you settle in. The home is absolutely beautiful. Its hard to describe how you feel when you walk in The Catbird Seat. It's like you are going to your friends house to house sit. Except your friend owns a house that is enriched with history, beautiful furniture and art. The best thing about that is that you don't feel restricted. Forgot Q-tips? Blow-dryer? Need to run a load of laundry? Want to microwave your left over pizza? No problem! The rooms are decorated wonderfully and have everything you need. I always knew that Bed and Breakfast places had Breakfast in the morning hence the name but I wasn't sure how that worked. Elizabeth just asks what time you think you'll be up, we gave her a rough estimate and she told us she'd start coffee around that time. The next day we woke up a little earlier than planned (because we slept so well) and she was up, she started coffee and asked us when we wanted breakfast and then made a huge, delicious breakfast. She had snacks and drinks left out for the day.... again like being at a friends house. The privacy was great the views were great and the price was great. I feel like I could go on and on but I feel like my review is already too long an I don't want people not to read it. If you have never been to a Bed and Breakfast I strongly recommend doing so. I'm so glad I found this place and I will be staying again. The owner is a complete normal and real person who is so nice and charming that when I left I felt like I had made a friend.

Room Tip: The Catbird Suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying the Catbird suite this weekend in Junction City!
I was on a biking event and the thought of sleeping on the ground in a tent all weekend just did not appeal to me. I was right! The rides were hard and, well, because of the accomodation I was well rested for each day of the ride. Loved the breakfast every morning especially with the Southern touches. Fresh baked biscuits with molasses and peach preserves. Grits! Made correctly of course. The house is restful and quite. Situated in choice cycling area outside of Eugene (but not too far!). Elizabeth is attentive but not overly. I highly recomend this fine establishment!

Room Tip: Catbird suite has a soaking tub, king sized bed and is spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beautiful home and gorgeous setting. Elizabeth is a very accommodating hostess. We are touring by bicycle. With very short notice, she made us feel very welcome & at home. It was the perfect end to our first day of riding...she even offered us Epsom salts to soak away some of the aches! We will recommend this B & B to everyone we encounter. Will also stay there if we are in the area.
Thanks Elizabeth!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank R P
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Catbird Seat while on a sentimental journey back to Junction City. Elizabeth is the perfect host and the property is lovely. We felt right at home from the moment we arrived. The Crow's Nest is very comfortable and beautifully decorated, as is the rest of the house. And the breakfast! I'm still dreaming about Elizabeth's biscuits. I can't recommend the Catbird Seat highly enough. Whether you are visiting the surrounding area or just looking for a relaxing country getaway, this is the spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Catbird's Seat has it all working for it--lovely setting, comfortable rooms, relaxed ambiance and the loveliest welcome you'll ever encounter. The lady of the house, Elizabeth, grew up in the Old South and many of her family's antiques grace this sprawling house. But what she conveys most vividly is a genteel graciousness that is ever rarer these days. From the smile you get at the front door to the tea and snacks that are always available to a sumptuous breakfast of grits, eggs, biscuits with molasses, this is a place you'll savor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mikelitch
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family (two adult daughters, my husband and I) stayed at the Catbird Seat during a visit to Eugene, Oregon. We loved it! It's situated on a beautiful hillside overlooking the Coburg Hills, surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature. It's a few-minutes walk from the Fern Ridge Reservoir, which makes for a lovely morning or evening stroll.

Elizabeth is a wonderful host. She makes you feel like you are a honored guest in her home. Each morning we were greeted by the aroma of coffee percolating and the smell of good things coming from the kitchen. When we explained to her that all four of us were coffee addicts, she made sure to keep the java flowing. The breakfast menu varied each morning from yogurt parfaits with a selection of breakfast breads and local jams, to quiche, eggs and bacon, and cheese grits as well as fruit and fruit juices.

Our bedrooms were cozy and the beds were wonderful! The bathroom was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. The house itself is a treat to explore with artwork and vintage furniture from all over the world. Guests have free run of a large, light-filled front room with comfy sofas and chairs, or a cozy den off the kitchen complete with mid-century furniture and a view of the garden and hillside. Outdoors spaces for guests include a wraparound deck with a stunning view, a firepit for star-gazing on chilly nights, and a picnic table with a view of the Coburgs.

No review of the Catbird Seat would be complete without mentioning Gracen and Ernie, the resident cats, who provided a warm (by feline standards) welcome and entertainment.

I would recommend this charming B & B to anyone who wants a quiet home in a beautiful setting. It's only 15 minutes or so from Eugene yet it feels out in the country and secluded.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank seeayter
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Catbird Seat B&B for my son's graduation from U of O. It was the best idea ever. Super comfortable beds, fabulous breakfast and interesting conversations. Elizabeth and JD, the proprietors, were just great and made us feel right at home. We enjoyed our long walks in the cool morning temps too.

Room Tip: Both rooms have wonderful views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan S

Been to Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast at Fern Ridge? Share your experiences!