“One of 2 of my favorite place in junction City 2 eat.”
Review of Boss Hawgs BBQ Express - CLOSED

Boss Hawgs BBQ Express
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 19, 2012

One of my 2 favorite places in J.C 2 eat. I usually get the pulled pork (very good) sweet potatoe fries are the best Ive had. The prime rib was also very good. And good beer.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Excellent food. Excellent service. Best price I've seen for BBQ in a long time. Combo had large portions and each meat was juicy and delicious. Waitress was very friendly. We were treated like family. I will drive the extra miles to Junction City just for this food!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Recently had dinner at Boss Hawgs in Junction City, OR. I am always on the lookout for good barbecue and this place fulfills that. I ate there based on other reviews that were very positive. I ordered the 1 meat platter which is valued at $10.95 and includes 6 oz of meat plus two side dishes and a cornbread muffin. I chose the beef brisket and the sides were the baked beans and sweet potato fries. To drink, I ordered the sweet tea. The meat is served "dry" and you have your choice of sauces from mild to spicy. I did have to ask if they had other sauces besides what was on the table. They have a honey bourbon sauce which is very good; sweet with a little kick to it. The brisket was very good and very tender. The beans were not overly saucy or sweet (very tasty) and the fries were very good (served with fry sauce but really not needed). My only real complaint is the sweet tea could have been a little sweeter. I could taste more tea than sweet. The staff is very friendly and because the restaurant was not very busy when I was there, I was able to chat a bit with one of the owners. This venue does have a Sunday all-you-can-eat brunch for about $12 that is very popular. Check out their website. Overall, I would say this place is very good for the value of the meal.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I ordered the three meat combo with Mac'n cheese and coleslaw sides. The quality of the meat dishes was good. The pulled pork was a bit dry. The briskett and hot links were pleasant as well. I especially enjoyed the coleslaw and the sweet tea wasn't too obnoxiously sweet.

The complaint I have is in regards to the portions....way too small. The entree cost approx. $16 justifying larger then provided portions. I have experienced many BBQ establishments from Texas to Florida. The mainstay is typically generous helpings. The server was pleasant but over committed with too many tables.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I'm an amateur BBQ guy and I know good BBQ. They do it right here. They use a dry rub and put the sauces on the table. That way you can sauce if you want or leave it as it is. The owners of this restaurant also own Bambinos in Junction City (equally awesome restaurant) You have got to drive out and try this restaurant. Don't get the mac n cheese though, not great.