“Great place to stay for Enterprise / Joseph!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joseph
Wallowa Lake Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Joseph
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I decided to stay here while working in Enterprise for a week on a work trip. It was the best decision! The area being next to the lake is amazing, plenty of trails for after work stress relief. I rented the "Patio Suite", and it was everything I could ever want in a room. Felt more like vacation than a work trip. The grill outside was great to have. I bought groceries and grilled out two of the nights I was there. I have to go back and hope to get the same Patio Suite.

The lake would work as a swimming pool with a great state park across the street, and the Glacier Grill across the road was also great food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark T

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stay often with Doug, Patti and Sean--our two yellow labs my husband and I love this cabin and our hosts. We have lots of space (even room for the doggie bed) a large bathroom and private bedroom with plenty of cross ventilation. It is right on the way to everything, yet quiet. We recommend this cabin to all who have dogs, you will love it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2-dog-Sue
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in cabin 4 and was very happy with my stay. There was plenty of room and everything I needed. There were deer in the front yard, and I could walk to the river and the lake in under 5 minutes. The lady who checked me in was very friendly and professional. It’s a really nice vacation spot.
Slight negatives:
Some windows have sheers, small curtains or none at all. People can clearly see into your cabin at night. I had to hang towels over the windows for privacy.
You need to bring your own coffee. The cabin is stocked with a couple of filters, so you might want to bring those, too.
There is a 2-night minimum. I’ve heard that at times the minimum is 3 nights.
When you leave, you must clean your own room, do the dishes and take out the trash. (That really isn’t much of a problem)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was the second trip this year and my family had been renting these cabins for 13 consecutive years. This last trip was very disappointing. Patti is always great to deal with but she was not there this time. One would think after 13 years and staying a week at a time the owner would appreciate the repeat customers. Not how we felt in fact just the opposite. We were charged for a dog and 5 occupants for two nights when we only had two occupants for the first night. He was not flexible at all. We stayed here in July and rented three of the large cabins. We had to pay for two nights when no one staying there so we could have the right to book for the same time next year. I say that is ridiculous. The cabins are in good shape and clean. They stopped supplying paper towels and that would be nice to know in advance. We will be looking for another place to stay next year. The last couple of trips have been disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DougInJoseph, Owner at Wallowa Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

A few things to mention in regard to your comments…

In our rental agreement it states we charge the same number of people regardless if they say 1 or more nights. The reason we do this is we still have the same number of linens to wash. Maybe during the summer this has never applied to your group?

Paper Towels have never been provided. This is also stated in your rental agreement. We do provide toilet paper, facial tissue, hand soap, dish soap. We provide clothe dish towels since they are a bit more environmentally friendly. We receive more and more comments in regard to paper towel so we may decide to provide these in the coming year.

The above two policies may not be the correct thing to do however through our rental agreement we try to make all or our guests aware of these items so there are no surprises. There may be more ways to ensure every guest reviews our policies and rental agreement before coming to stay in one of our cabins.

Lastly, I am not sure about paying for 2 nights when no one was staying there so you had the ability to stay next year? These sounds like you may have been given inaccurate information.

I have tried to reach you via e-mail and phone to follow-up on your stay to see if there is something we can use to improve our service and/or your experience.

If you have time please contact me via e-mail info@wallowalakeresort.com or via phone 541-432-2391.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to Wallowa in June and took my husband's side of the family who had never been there. We didn't have such a great experience with an employee but since it's such a beautiful place my brother in law decided to get married there this past weekend. We did go back and rented several cabins for the wedding and beyond the natural beauty I must say the employee's were fabulous this time around. They even let us check in a couple hours early. Doug, I believe is the manager, is not only professional but extremely pleasant and very welcoming. He has restored our faith and we won't hesitate to go back again and again. Beautiful location, beautiful cabins, and great customer service! Thank you so much.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed in a cabin - great kitchen amenities - but I agree with the other reviewer about the paper towels, etc...seems a bit odd that these are not provided. I also wished there was recycling. Everything else was great - it was clean (but dated), great porch, a gas grill, a comfy bed. So much better than the hotel options in Enterprise, and more affordable (and closer to the Lake) than those in the town of Joseph.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coming to Wallowa Lake was a dream of ours as we live outside of Portland. We were warned that there was no coffee in the cabin, which was fine, I always bring my own. But, there was no paper towels, no trash bags, tin foil....etc, so be sure and bring. We will know next time. Otherwise the cabin was very comfortable and nice and clean! the porch was great for viewing the deer. It was close to a small store, restaurants, etc, but not too close. Hiking was walking distance, and so was the tram. The marina was a little too far to carry the kayaks, so we had to drive and drop, which was also fine. This area is so fantastic we did not want to leave. The people working at the Resort were very helpful when we had questions. I am sad to be back home, but look forward to visiting again...maybe in the winter!!!!!!

Room Tip: This cabin (Ponderosa) is good for families, or 2 couples. It is far enough from the mini golf/and b...