“Great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joseph
Mountain View Motel & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Joseph
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed staying at this wonderful place while going to Hell's Canyon.
It was cute, clean, and Very comfortable. The views of the mountains were spectacular from the
outside deck.. It was close to the town that had great galleries, fun shops, and excellent restaurants. The owner was friendly and supplied us with a lot of information and hospitality.
I highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dtlund

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well I have to start out by saying that I had reservations for the Indian Lodge Hotel in Joseph - they called me the night before we were to arrive to tell me I had no reservation. Apparently even though I had an e-mail confirmation I had lost whatever lottery game they must play and had nothing. This was Labor Day Weekend so good luck finding something else. They said they would call around and see if there was something else - I thought that meant they would book something for me if they found it? All they did was say "this place has room here is their number". Since I was at a co-workers going away party we waited till the next morning to call Mountain View. The Indian Lodge gave me a rate that was $3.00 less than what I got when I called - I guess that was how they were going to make up for me not having a reservation.... nice.

I couldn't find a website for Mountain View, but booked anyway. Well we arrived and WOW - Scott the owner was SO nice. They only had a 'single' Queen room left - thought it would be really small and was wary - it was SO nice!!! It was the 'fishing room' (#2) and you walked throug the front door and then there was a slider off the back onto a deck! So nice. There was also a fridge and microwave plus coffee pot (the coffee was very good!). The bed was a log queen size and was comfortable. Nice bedding, and a good sized closet.

We were on a motorcycle and this place had a sign up welcoming bikers. They had a place to wash your bike etc.

A little outside of Joseph, but not far at all and right on the highway, but there is a fan / A/C in the room so with it on we had no highway noise.

I have to say that I'm glad things went sideways with Indian Lodge (and I'll never stay there with the treatment we were given) because we loved this place and will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms have decks off the back - so nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelalot
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped in to see if they had any tent sights and luckily enough, they had two open and for $20.00 a night, we jumped on it. The tent sight was in the back of the RV park and the view was of the magnificent Wallowa Mountains with a meadow in front that had horses and deer wondering through while we were there. We also had a little creek running through the back which lulled us to sleep each night. The $20.00 included nice bathrooms with hot showers and free firewood. We just had to chop it. The owner even brought us a nice portable firepit for the fire! The park was really quite and family friendly with children riding their bikes around and there is a big area in the middle of the park for ball playing, etc... We truely loved it and will definitly be back time after time!!! Oh and it's real close to Enterprise, Oregon and Joseph, Oregon, both really nice towns and Wallowa Lake too! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annierose_11
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We really needed a good night's sleep and we got it here. Very comfortable and clean. Room was well set up with a nifty deck out back with beautiful view of the snow capped Wallowas. Fun and friendly owners. About a mile from town, in a very beautiful country setting. Made us feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark A
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had been camping in the wilderness for the week and really just wanted a place where we could plug in our camper and catch a shower. It was fine. Bathrooms weren't incredibly clean, but they weren't horrible either. The horses next door were nice, as was the manager. The roosters, however, would be lovelier in a soup.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Bad experience camping here! Complained to the manager about the loud party next to us, they partied til about 2 am and we were told quiet time was at 10 pm. He then told them we complained. Thankfully they were sort of nice about it (it could have turned out differently) and came over to apologize then informed us they would be loud all weekend. The next night the manager put a couple next to us who turned their car radio on at 12:30 til 2 am then got in a fight with lots of foul language. The last night was the worst, when that couple got really drunk and at 10:30 pm started punching each other, the guy was yelling "just kill me, you blanking blank", came out of the tent with blood on his face and shirt. VERY SCARY! Again we complained and the manager spoke with the guy then told us to come get him if they started fighting again and off he went to bed. Needless to say didn't we sleep much that night for fear of what might happen. The guy got in his car about 3 AM and revved the engine for about 20 min. We thought he was going to run us or his girlfriend over. It was a long drive home the next day with very little sleep from the whole weekend. We tried not to let this bad experience cloud our whole trip to Joseph as there are lots of nice folks there and the country is beautiful. This was not a restful or relaxing (or safe) place, I won't stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rdrunner_11
Scott H, Owner at Mountain View Motel & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I recall this unfortunate 2011 incident and the 2 women campers (sisters, I think).
When they checked in on Friday evening of that particular local Event Weekend, I suggested a quiet, creekside site with shadetrees in the back of the park -- an area generally preferred by tent campers and RVers alike for its scenery and serenity. Despite my recommendation, these customers inquired about an "overflow" site (no water spigot) in one end of the sideyard that would be closer to the shower house. I apprised them about a party that was planned for the other end of the sideyard and, again, recommended the creekside site. BUT they insisted.
So, I visited "The "Partyers" and reminded them about our 10:00 PM quiet time curfew.

The next day (Saturday), "The Camper Women" complained to me about "The Partyers". I again suggested the quiet creekside site and even offered to help them relocate their camp. BUT NO, they refused. So, I discussed the situation with "The Partiers" and asked them to keep it down. Several of "The Partyers" personally apologized to "The Camper Women" and, indeed, quieted down their partying that Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, there was no way to foresee that the couple who camped in the site next to "The Camper Women" that Saturday evening would become intoxicated and belligerent! When "The Partyers" reported this apparent domestic disturtbance to me at ~11:00 PM, I immediately investigated and told "The Domestics" that they needed to settle down ASAP or I would call in the Sheriff. They assured me that they'd settled down peaceably for the night.

THIS was indeed a series of upsetting and unfortunate events for "The Camper Women", "The Partyers", "The Domestics", for me, and the Mt View Motel & RV Park.

In 2012, "The Partyers" returned BUT sadly "The Camper Women" and "The Domestics" didn't.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Joseph
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
Mingo Motel
Mingo Motel
#1 of 1 in Wallowa
Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mountain View Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!