“Soooooooo Good!”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wonderful little Alpine restaurant...you might as well be sitting in Bavaria!! We had the ribeye on Saturday night and it was fabulous! Then went back on Sunday for the schnitzel...that was quite possibly the best meal I've eaten in months! Make sure to swing by Sat or Sun morning for homemade doughnuts, these guys are doing it right!!

3  Thank Angela M
There are newer reviews for Vali's Alpine Restaurant and Delicatessen

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Vali's has become a favorite stop when our family visits Wallowa Lake (for over 20 years). We just introduced another family to the experience this week. Look online and chose your menu item by the day you visit, or call. The common menu item keep the meal affordable and great, we have never been disappointed here. Maggie's feisty personality assures the visitor that they are in for an entertaining experience that cannot be soon forgotten. As always, I look forward to visiting Vali's again.

1  Thank 208Charlie
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended on TripAdvisor and it is definitely worth making a reservation. We got into Joseph on Friday and wanted to go some place special to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We called that night and were able to get a reservation for Sunday, our anniversary. This is a delightful little restaurant run by family and the service is wonderful and fun and the food is very good. There is only one menu item per night and we lucked out to get the schnitzel with red cabbage and cheesy au gratin potatoes and did I mention the homemade rolls??? Awesome! We had the apple strudel for dessert, which I believe is the best I have ever had. They serve dinner at 5 and 7 p.m. and each night is something different and the meals and drinks are reasonably priced. You won't want to miss out on such a wonderful culinary experience!

3  Thank cdberg
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Special reservation needed for dinners.
Limited menu-one special evening meal for each day of the week
Hungarian meal was outstanding. The service was with an attitude-waitress made me feel like I was in my youth with my favorite grandmother telling me to eat all my food. It was fun and our dinner party had a terrific time.
Plan on returning next year.

2  Thank tennispete72
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Owner greeted us and she was really nice.. had the pork snitzel and potatos au gratin. they were so delicious..and I do not usually like au gratin potatos..but meat really needed gravy or some kind of sauce cause it was dry.. chef came out to talk with everyone..and that was nice.. bring your appetite cause portions are big..