“Amazing place to stay!”

Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Joseph B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Mirror Lake Suite, and it was amazing. It's like staying at a spa! We wanted to hike at high elevation and it snowed up high. We only had tennis shoes so our host graciously let us use their own personal snow boots. Food was top notch. Only complaint was we couldn't stay longer. A five star plus experience!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Typherious

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Bill and Heather were very accomodating: we only stayed for a day, but they allowed us to leave our car there while we were traveling to Halfway on bicycle for a day/night. The accomodations were comfortable and home-like, with access to books, games and a resident cat. There was no television, which even though this was a bed-n-breakfast (and the implied peaceful, quiet venue that might be imagined) it is still nice to have the option to tune in for weather, news, etc ... The breakfast: not too fancy (pancakes, sausage, fruit cup with home-made whipped-cream), but enough to satisfy the needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ivan_c_meadors
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and I have to say I beg to differ with the majority. If it was just one thing that was off, I would not have minded. But it was more than one thing. Started with having to accommodate the innkeeper's outside commitments which left us stressing about getting there to check in, despite the fact we were to arrive within the advertized check in time frame. Then the maid was chastised in front of us, twice, which made me quite uncomfortable. Breakfast was a disappointment. A quarter of a honeydew, overcooked sausage and dry waffles. Call me a prude, but I was really grossed out by the "Adult Toy Box" supplied in the armoire. My personal opinion is that I don't think first class places typically provide such. The property and inside remodel were great - but that is about the most positive thing I can say.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RainCityEscapeArtist
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Location is perfect for walking and shopping. A very short trip to Wallowa Lake and sky tram. We have to thank Bill for the boots as it was deep snow at the top! And the breakfasts. . . ! The bungalow style home is meticulous in its detail and the rooms and baths are thoughtfully furnished and supplied. We had a great experience and can't thank Bill and Heather enough for that!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank NPiazz
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Bronze Antler for the first time, and we were blown away by our suite. The room was as nice and well appointed as any luxury hotel we've ever stayed in. Kudo's to the housekeeper! Not a speck of dirt or dust anywhere. Because of this, I truly felt comfortable to relax, unlike some places where you're even afraid to sit on the bed. Not here. I understand she has about a 26 mile commute to work, so tip her generously, she's worth it! They didn't miss a single detail. From the warm robes and slippers and numerous, huge, fluffy towels in the spa bathroom, to the wine glasses and corkscrew in the bedroom, we felt as though we were staying at a 24/7 spa. Bill made breakfast for us and it was great! He's quite the chef. Heather and Bill could not have been any more welcoming. Great people! We will definately be returning again. I can't stop singing their praises. Keep up the good work guys. - K&S Bohn

Room Tip: The Mirror Lake Suite is pure indulgence!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

During a business trip to Boise, my husband planned a side trip through Hells Canyon Scenic byway with us ending up at the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast in Joseph, Oregon. This was an absolutely charming bed and breakfast in a 1920s craftsman bungalow house. The bed and breakfast was very neat, clean, and well taken care of. We stayed in the Chief Joseph Mountain room, which was a bit small, but still very comfortable, with a nice clean attached bathroom. There were lots of decorative items throughout the room which offered a nice touch, but you did need to move things around a bit to make room for unpacking. The room has a breathtaking view of the Wallowa mountains! The bed and breakfast owners, Heather and Bill, were extremely friendly and helpful. They offered many activity ideas, maps, binoculars, a picnic basket, and whatever else you may need for the day. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and every morning we were there they had something different to offer. The town of Joseph is very small and there is not a lot of nightlife, though we came here for a relaxing weekend so for us it was perfect. There are many cute shops and art studios in Joseph, which were a lot of fun to shop at. The bed and breakfast is in a great location so that you can walk to all of the shops and restaurants. I was amazed at how quiet it was; there was no traffic or highways to hear, just grasshoppers chirping. This may be because we were there during the end of the fall season. Wallowa lake is a short drive from the bed and breakfast, and at dusk there were mule deer near the lake. This was a lovely bed and breakfast; Heather and Bill were wonderful and welcoming hosts for the weekend. I would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NyCricket
Reviewed October 17, 2011

But when I visited Joseph, OR for my son's wedding - I found the Bronze Antler an outstanding place to stay. The location was within walking distance of virtually everything in Joseph. The Bronze Antler gardens were perfect. The breakfasts were delightful. And the accommodations were beyond expectations - every detail of our room was perfect. Most importantly, our hosts made us feel welcome and did everything possible to make sure our stay in Joseph was memorable. They recommended really good restaurants, gave us insight to the best trails and sight to see, and even made sure we had no trouble finding the Mt. Joseph Cattle Ranch where the wedding took place. My wife and I spent three nights at the Bronze Antler - we would have been happy to stay longer. If I could I would give it 6 stars!

Room Tip: We were able to peek at all of the rooms during our stay. When Bill and Heather did their renovatio...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcdonahue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joseph
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Joseph
Mingo Motel
Mingo Motel
#1 of 1 in Wallowa

Been to Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!