“Artisan Coffee, Artisan Chocolates”

Arrowhead Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Joseph
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The people who work here really, really, really care about coffee and chocolates. I got espresso shots here twice -- both excellent, with good crema -- and the second time I visited, the barista sniffed the espresso pull she had just made and declared it "not quite fruity enough" and started over! She also explained a lot about how she brews excellent coffee and what equipment she uses.

The chocolates are very unusual. Be careful of the whiskey truffle unless you really understand whiskey. I don't! I thought it had gone bad somehow, but the chocolatier carefully explained to me that they use a particularly peaty, smoky whiskey (I forget the name) that she hand-chose from Scotland, and that some people just aren't used to the taste. She gave me a free chocolate to make up for it, and this time I chose a honey-lavender truffle which was superb: very light lavender taste with sel gris on top -- what a combination!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The chocolate is spendy, $8 for a box of 4 little truffles. So I didn't try those however my boyfriend ordered a mocha and they make it with fresh chocolate and the best part is you get a plastic spoon covered in freshly made chocolate!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Who would expect such a sublime chocolatier in Joseph? Not I. But there it is on the Main Street filled with superb chocolates. First time around, my husband and I bought ten truffles and one dark choc. turtle. They quickly disappeared. The following day, as a reward for a three mile hike up Hurricane Creek, I had a soy chai and he had a blackberry Italian soda and we each had a dark choc. turtle. Excellent again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lovely chocolate shop with delicious candy. Hand made, family owned. We had the pecan turtles and one each of the lemon and coconut truffle - scrumptious. Very good quality chocolate. You can buy by the piece or buy a box.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the real deal - many wonderful artisan chocolates. Rivals big-city chocolatiers. Not an M&M to be found! Prices reasonable for this very high-quality product

1  Thank Dawn L

Been to Arrowhead Chocolates? Share your experiences!