“Good brew, food, hours”

Embers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really nice, broad tap list, and good food. Seemed like a place a lot of locals hung out, and it could get a bit loud, but had a nice, homey feel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate here two or three time, as they were the best place open much of the time (pickin's are slim in mid-October in Joseph).

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The patio and deck of the Embers is where locals gather at the end of the day. Food isn't bad, beer selection is okay. We felt like we had found the nexus of the town.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We first visited, Embers Restaurant, on a trip in, 2009. We remembered it was good, so on a return visit, we gave it another go.

Embers turned into our, "The place to go" restaurant, on our second visit to the area. On both occasions, the service was good, the food delicious, and abundant, the brew choices excellent, and the weather, though not provided by the restaurant, made dining on their deck a very enjoyable experience.

On the two occasions we ate there, we shared nachos, a huge plate, for two, and were more than satisfied, and filled. Though the cheese could have been more evenly distributed, and melted, it was delicious. Our second visit, we ordered their BBQ'd chicken salad. Again, abundant size, and fresh! Lots of chicken, mixed veggies and a really good dressing. We noticed other plates of food being delivered to other patrons, and they all looked very inviting.

The day of our second visit, our waiter apologized for not serving us sooner, (4 minute wait, maybe), because they were short one staff member, and the restaurant was busy, but, all in all, the service was not that slow, and our server was working his best to keep the customers happy. This is the kind of employee you wouldn't want to lose from your business!

We'll be back to Embers, when ever we're in the neighborhood!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

It had been years, probably 25, since I'd been to the small town of Joseph, Oregon and while some things haven't changed, plenty has.

On a 10 day motorcycle tour of the Northwest, I planned my loop to spend an afternoon in Joseph, a town and area where I spent a few weekends in my "youth". When I rode into town I wanted food and something to drink. While Joseph has plenty of establishments that would provide both, the quaint appearance of Embers and the appealing outdoor patio caught my eye. I was seated in a nice location that looked out on Main St. by one of the friendly Embers staff.

The menu is typical pub fair and it was easy choosing what I wanted. The hardest part was choosing which beer to try.

The food was great, the beer was awesome and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The view from my table simply enhanced the experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were there in September 2012. Servers were very nice, but we waited a long time for drinks and a reaaaaaly long time for food. Food was quite good and prices were reasonable, but it seemed like they needed more servers to give adequate service. Made our exeprience less than great, even tho the food was good.

1  Thank MontanaWaterLover

Been to Embers Restaurant? Share your experiences!